[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Zmodem Request

bill@uhccux.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu (William J. King) (05/09/91)

Anyone know where I can get a copy of ZMODEM to run on
IBM-XT DOS machines?
IS it ftp able?
Thanx in advance
Bill

bill@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (05/10/91)

In article <12926@uhccux.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu> bill@uhccux.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu (William J. King) writes:
>Anyone know where I can get a copy of ZMODEM to run on
>IBM-XT DOS machines?
>IS it ftp able?

To answer in a generic way, comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d has often all the
necessary information.  If you take a look at it now, try to find
the announcement of the monthly SIMTEL20 uploads.

Zmodem for MsDos is redily available from any well stocked BBS near
you, or ftp sites like SIMTEL20, garbo.uwasa.fi, and many others.
Invest in learning to use e.g. those two ftp sites (whichever is
nearer to you).  I can assure that it will pay off.  If you need
garbo.uwasa.fi prerecorded instructions, just send me email asking
for them.  If (as in your case) SIMTEL20 is nearer you, the
maintainer of SIMTEL20 is Keith Petersen
w8sdz@wsmr-simtel20.army.mil.

Prof. Timo Salmi
Moderating at garbo.uwasa.fi anonymous ftp archives 128.214.12.37

paul@xcluud.sccsi.com (Paul Hutmacher) (05/11/91)

bill@uhccux.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu (William J. King) writes:

> Anyone know where I can get a copy of ZMODEM to run on
> IBM-XT DOS machines?

DSZ is the zmodem of choice and runs on the XT platform.

> IS it ftp able?

I'm sure it is at the usual ftp sites as it is rather popular.  I got my
version off of a local bbs.  I've also heard it is available on CI$ and GEnie.

Paul Hutmacher           | "Just like Rome we fell asleep when we got spoiled.
paul@xcluud.sccsi.com    |  Ignore human rights in the rest of the world ya
uunet!nuchat!xcluud!paul |  might just lose your own." -- Jello Biafra & DOA

TOMIII@MTUS5.BITNET (Thomas Dwyer III) (05/14/91)

>> Anyone know where I can get a copy of ZMODEM to run on
>> IBM-XT DOS machines?
>
>DSZ is the zmodem of choice and runs on the XT platform.
>
>> IS it ftp able?
>
>I'm sure it is at the usual ftp sites as it is rather popular.  I got my
>version off of a local bbs.  I've also heard it is available on CI$ and GEnie.

It's available at just about all the FTP sites and BBSs that I've seen.  It's
a very good program, even better when you register it ($25 I think?).  When
I registered mine, I got a disk in the mail with zmodem source code which I
was able to compile on my Sun.  Turns out that this source is available at
some FTP sites, but hey...

Thomas Dwyer III                        Email: tomiii@mtu.edu
Network Programmer                             tomiii@mtus5.BITNET
Computing Technology Services           Voice: (906) 487-2110
Michigan Technological University       Fax:   (906) 487-2787