[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] LAN Man & TCP

rjb@ipsa.reuter.com (Ron Bodkin) (05/14/91)

    I am wondering if anyone can direct me to products which will allow one
to use TCP as the transport protocol in a LAN man. network which includes
both DOS and OS/2 machines?  I am aware of 3 COM having a product
(well 2 products) which provide this functionality, as well as FTP having
such a product.
    Please reply by mail -- news expires quite rapidly at our site -- if
there is interest I can summarize the results.  Also, I was not sure what
group(s) would be appropriate for this query -- if I've guessed wrong,
can someone direct me to the appropriate group(s).
              Ron

logier@cheops.qld.tne.oz.au (Rob Logie) (05/14/91)

rjb@ipsa.reuter.com (Ron Bodkin) writes:

>    I am wondering if anyone can direct me to products which will allow one
>to use TCP as the transport protocol in a LAN man. network which includes
>both DOS and OS/2 machines?  I am aware of 3 COM having a product
>(well 2 products) which provide this functionality, as well as FTP having
>such a product.
>    Please reply by mail -- news expires quite rapidly at our site -- if
>there is interest I can summarize the results.  Also, I was not sure what
>group(s) would be appropriate for this query -- if I've guessed wrong,
>can someone direct me to the appropriate group(s).
>              Ron

The 3COM TCP/IP stack works OK with LM/X servers, ie have a OS/2 server as
home server and share resources on LM/X machines. I have been using it
for about six months without problems .

--
Rob Logie                                    EMAIL: logier@cheops.qld.tne.oz.au
Telecom Australia                            FAX:   +61 7 837 4704