[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] OS/2 for Trade

dlcogswe@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Dan Cogswell) (05/14/91)

I have a copy of OS/2 that I really don't want.  It's version 1.3 and
includes all disks, docs, etc.  It's basically the whole package that
I've opened, looked at, and decided I don't want to install.  If anybody
would like this, I would:

(a) Sell it for $200

(b) Trade it for a SoundBlaster card (new preferred)

or

(c) Trade it for DR DOS 5.0 (new copy, please :-)

So, if anybody needs/wants/craves OS/2 please let me know.

--
Dan Cogswell			 dlcogswe@vela.acs.oakland.edu

wayne@csri.toronto.edu (Wayne Hayes) (05/14/91)

In article <6395@vela.acs.oakland.edu> dlcogswe@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Dan Cogswell) writes:
>I have a copy of OS/2 that I really don't want.  It's version 1.3 and
>includes all disks, docs, etc.  It's basically the whole package that
>I've opened, looked at, and decided I don't want to install.  If anybody
>would like this, I would:

First, with 1.3 you can upgrade for free to 2.0, which will offer "a better
DOS than DOS."  So either you or the person who gets it can have all the
wonderful stuff 2.0 offers that is being talked about around town.

>(a) Sell it for $200

This is quite a bit steep, since the new price of OS/2 Standard Edition
is $150 US, and can be had on the street for $110.  If you're a registered
DOS user, the upgrade is list $99, or probably $70 on the street.

>So, if anybody needs/wants/craves OS/2 please let me know.

OK, let the stampede begin.  :-)

--
NOTICE: Due to the complexity of nearly all topics, the opinions expressed
above are in continual process of formation and may be changed without notice.

Wayne Hayes     INTERNET: wayne@csri.utoronto.ca        CompuServe: 72401,3525

wayne@csri.toronto.edu (Wayne Hayes) writes:

>>(a) Sell it for $200

>This is quite a bit steep, since the new price of OS/2 Standard Edition
>is $150 US, and can be had on the street for $110.  If you're a registered
>DOS user, the upgrade is list $99, or probably $70 on the street.

Okay! Okay!  I didn't know the price was just slashed!  Tell  you what,
if you forget I posted this, I'll forget you made fun of me.  Deal?
--
Dan Cogswell			 dlcogswe@vela.acs.oakland.edu