[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Apple ][ emulator

xxw8409@ritvax.isc.rit.edu (Fractalman) (12/20/90)

>A game very long ago put out by Br0derbund called Rescue Raiders.  It was
>really good arcade game, but they never ported it for the IBM (it was back
>when IBM was thought of as only a business computer).  I don't even think
>they market it anymore for the Apple.  If anyone could get this game in the
>format for the Apple II emulator, I'd really appreciate it.

How do I convert a disk into the Apple ][ emulator format?
And how good is the emulator? (I presume you all mean that the emulator is
apl2em.zip from some ftp sites?)

+--------------------------------------+--------------------------------------+
|InterNet: xxw8409@ritvax.rit.isc.edu  |                                      |
|  BitNet: xxw8409@ritvax +------------+ *This space intentionally left blank |
|     BBS: (716) 475-3382 | Fractalman |                                      |
+-------------------------+------------+--------------------------------------+
| Call LateNight BBS for the newest door games, good file sections, and more! |

chung@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu (Chien-Li Chung) (04/23/91)

Sorry to bother people with this.
I am sure it is a FAQ, but.....

I just got a copy of the emulator, but I have no idea on how to get the
emulator to read the apple programs *not* located in the diskimage file on
the pc side. Basically, this problem stops me from running any new programs
that is not supplied with the emulator.

Any help?

Thanks.

Chien-Li Chung
Academic Computing

gregorya@cutmcvax.cs.curtin.edu.au (Andrew Gregory KBS351) (05/01/91)

I just got the emulator and I am impressed!  But already I have noticed
things that I would do differently.

So, to the point. I couldn't see an Internet address for the author.  Does
anyone out there know if he has one?  Or could someone get stuff to him.
I could stick all my opinions in one file and post or email it (I think
I'm allowed to email).

Thanks in advance.....

teskey@plains.NoDak.edu (Dr. Snake Voivod) (05/01/91)

In article <gregorya.673084126@cutmcvax> gregorya@cutmcvax.cs.curtin.edu.au (Andrew Gregory KBS351) writes:
>I just got the emulator and I am impressed!  But already I have noticed
>things that I would do differently.

Does anybody know how to go about creating the image files of a floppy that
the emulator uses as a pseudo-apple ][ drive?

Mark W. Teskey

INTERNET:                  teskey@plains.nodak.edu
BITNET:                    teskey@plains
UUCP:                      ...!uunet!plains!teskey

hank@well.sf.ca.us (Hank Roberts) (05/04/91)

I don't have access to FTP, and I would like very much to get the
Apple ][ emulator; I'm helping a local grade school start doing
telecom and all they have is Apple][s, all I have is a PC. Should
anyone be willing to snail mail me a disk, please let me know.
--------  hank@well.sf.ca.us ----------

gcook@horus.cem.msu.EDU (Greg Cook) (05/04/91)

From article <24569@well.sf.ca.us>, by hank@well.sf.ca.us (Hank Roberts):
> I don't have access to FTP, and I would like very much to get the
> Apple ][ emulator; I'm helping a local grade school start doing

I missed this.  Could someone please send me the ftp address where
I can get this emulator?

Many Thanks!

Gregory R. Cook                          Chemistry IS life!
Michigan State University      Watch for the next generation of Enamines
gcook@horus.cem.msu.edu              coming to a Journal near you!

tleylan@pegasus.com (Tom Leylan) (05/05/91)

In article <24569@well.sf.ca.us> hank@well.sf.ca.us (Hank Roberts) writes:

>I don't have access to FTP, and I would like very much to get the
>Apple ][ emulator; I'm helping a local grade school start doing
>telecom and all they have is Apple][s, all I have is a PC. Should
>anyone be willing to snail mail me a disk, please let me know.
>--------  hank@well.sf.ca.us ----------

Hank,

If you can leave this message you can probably use the list servers to
send files to you through mail.  listserv@vm1.nodak.edu is only one of
many around.

Also I think the emulator is extremely cute (cut my teeth on a Apple ][)
but it is limited.  You can't read Apple disks, you can't even access
DOS so you can't type a BASIC program in using your favorite editor and
then yank it into the simulated-in-software Apple disk drive.  There is
no Apple serial port emulation so you aren't going to be able to use
Apple comm programs with your PC modem.

Do keep in mind that these observations are based on the version that I
have and while there could be a more advanced version available I don't
know of it.

tom

hank@well.sf.ca.us (Hank Roberts) (05/07/91)

Still looking, myself, for a source for this. So if you figured someone
else would offer, I beg you to reconsider. I'll swap you some copies of
Whole Earth Review or some blank floppies or folding money for it. Offers?

msmith@att3b2.tricity.wsu.edu (Mark Smith) (05/17/91)

Greetings.

I would like to get an apple 2 emulator for my pc.  I don't care if it's
software or hardware.  I have taken a look at the one on simtel and
about gagged.  It's a nice program if all you're going to do is run
applesoft basic stuff.

So here's the criteria.
  1: has 128K free to the "apple"
  2: is apple ][e or bettor.
  3: displays color.
  3: will go into 80 column mode (pr#3).
  4: will READ and WRITE apple dos 3.3 (16 sector) files with an ibm drive.
  5: will run copy protected stuff (my collection of Ultimas)

the list looks about right off the top of my head.  Any info is
greatly appreciated, wanted and/or needed  (I want to get rid of the old
][e and recover some desk space).

msmith@att3b2.tricity.wsu.edu