[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Laptop question

reiniger@ug.cs.dal.ca (Darren Reiniger) (05/17/91)

I have a Toshiba T1000 laptop, and the screen is beginning to wear out my
vision.  I also own an old Commodore 64 system complete with monitor.  Is it
possible (and feasible) to connect the monitor to the laptop?
If so, could anyone tell me the procedure to do such a thing?

Many thanks,

--

 Darren Reiniger                   reiniger@ug.cs.dal.ca
| People who wonder where this generation is going should remind themselves   |

sct@lanl.gov (Stephen Tenbrink) (05/19/91)

In article <1991May17.125232.1371@cs.dal.ca>, reiniger@ug.cs.dal.ca (Darren Reiniger) writes:
> I have a Toshiba T1000 laptop, and the screen is beginning to wear out my
> vision.  I also own an old Commodore 64 system complete with monitor.  Is it
> possible (and feasible) to connect the monitor to the laptop?
> If so, could anyone tell me the procedure to do such a thing?
>
> Many thanks,

	The old CGA adapter card that went in the first IBM PCs had an
output jack (RCA type) that put out NCSA video that would work on the
Commodore 64 monitors.  It wasn't great because the CGA monitor has a
higher bandwidth than the C64 Monitor.  I don't know too much about the
Toshiba laptops but I would be very surprised if they had this NCSA port.
There are some RGB to NCSA converters out there somewhere so you might ask
the net if anyone knows about one.