[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] need a

v087mxgb@ubvmsa.cc.buffalo.edu (Shawn E Thompson) (05/20/91)

Hello,

I want to record the usage of a PC in a file. Is there a simple
ASSY routine (or something) that would simply grab the date from
the systems and append it to a file (or even overwrite a file)

so an ascii file in the roo directory would look like this

current date is tue jan 01 1991

or some such thing ???

TIA

st

theall@rm105serve.sas.upenn.edu (George A. Theall) (05/21/91)

In article <77189@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU> v087mxgb@ubvmsa.cc.buffalo.edu writes:
>I want to record the usage of a PC in a file. Is there a simple
>ASSY routine (or something) that would simply grab the date from
>the systems and append it to a file (or even overwrite a file)

   Not sure what you mean by "ASSY" but I've written a simple public
domain hack to do just this. it's available from SIMTEL20 as
pd1:<msdos.batutl>dat13.zip.

   Basically you add a line like "DAT -dt autoexec: booted>> \GDAL15.Log"
to your autoexec. When the machine boots, lines such as "autoexec: booted
05/17/91 17:33" are appended to the specified file. Works great for logging
program usage too.

George
---
theall@rm105serve.sas.upenn.edu			Dept. of Economics