[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] List of disk types

ed@zaphod.uchicago.edu (Ed Friedman) (05/12/91)

Does anyone know where I could ftp a list of what types each model number
of hard disk is for putting into the setup information when starting up
an AT?

Thanks in advance,

Ed Friedman

INTERNET: ed@zaphod.uchicago.edu
BITNET: friedman@uchicago.bitnet

leonard@qiclab.scn.rain.com (Leonard Erickson) (05/22/91)

ed@zaphod.uchicago.edu (Ed Friedman) writes:

>Does anyone know where I could ftp a list of what types each model number
>of hard disk is for putting into the setup information when starting up
>an AT?

Bad news. There's no such list because the various manufacturers put
whatever drive type list they feel like into the ROM. Many have the
same entries as the original AT as the first 14 or 15, but you can't
even count on that.

What you need is a program to print out a list of the specs for each
of your drive types.
--
Leonard Erickson			leonard@qiclab.uucp
personal:	CIS: [70465,203]	70465.203@compuserve.com