[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Any news of Berkeley UNIX for PC's?

allred@bongo.cc.utexas.edu (Kevin L. Allred) (05/22/91)

In article <mJ5521w164w@questor.wimsey.bc.ca> sp@questor.wimsey.bc.ca (Steve Pershing) writes:
>This may not be the proper group, and if it isn't, my apologies.  Has anyone
>heard what is happening with the release of Berkeley UNIX for use with
>386-based PC's?

I read in the comp.os.mach group that MtXinu was handling
distribution of the binary version of Mach 2.5 for the 386 (BSD4.3
compatible).  The complete binary distribution including networking,
X, and extended documentation was $1395.  That is a little more than a
sys V release like ESIX, but overall pretty reasonable.  You can send
mail to dan@mtxinu.COM, if you want the same info.  I also added a
note about BSD386 availability, and the reply was "REAL SOON NOW" ;-)

--
	Kevin Allred
	Department of Chemical Engineering