[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Config.sys Stop!

klc0130@ritvax.isc.rit.edu (COOPER, KL) (05/22/91)

	I was hoping one of you PC wizards could help me out...

my roommate was messing with my computer...he changed the config.sys on my
hard drive...of course I don't have DOS installed on floppy...anyone know
a way to interrupt execution of the config.sys? Thanks for the help...

					Crash and Burn...

tmurphy%peruvian.utah.edu@cs.utah.edu (Thomas Murphy) (05/23/91)

In article <1991May22.001934.21611@isc.rit.edu> klc0130@ritvax.isc.rit.edu writes:

>	I was hoping one of you PC wizards could help me out...
>

>my roommate was messing with my computer...he changed the config.sys on my
>hard drive...of course I don't have DOS installed on floppy...anyone know
>a way to interrupt execution of the config.sys? Thanks for the help...

What is its problem now....if it don't start up....you need to get a
system bootable floppy to get going first.  Config.sys has system
configuration info in it.  It sets the number of files that can be
open and that amount of io buffer space...it also loads device drivers
like ansi.sys and can tell the system to use a different shell than
dos.  If your config.sys etc works and you want it translated post or
mail it....if it doesn't you'll have to boot from a floppy and then
edit it ....I suggest you find a knowledgable local or stop by the
library for info..

      Murph                     "Government that governs the least