[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Wanted - program to make a DOS file out of floppy image. and res

ralphs@seattleu.edu (Ralph Sims) (05/26/91)

jsharp@isis.cs.du.edu (Joe Sharp) writes:

> I was wondering if anyone knows of shareware program out there that will
> take a floppy disk and make a file out of the disk image. The program
> should also be able to restore the floppy from the file.

TELEDISK may be just the thing for you and is available on simtel as
teled212.zip (msdos.dskutl).  It will make a file from a disk that
is suitable for transferring via modem (I guess you could uuencode it,
etc., also) or whatever.  It will make system disks as well as copies
of non-DOS formats (I haven't tried to backup my SCO UNIX disks, but
I would imagine it would work).  Shareware.

--
  The 23:00 News and Mail Service - +1 206 292 9048 - Seattle, WA USA
                           PEP, V.32, V.42