[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Postscript on a line printer?

andrewv@agate.mincom.oz.au (05/24/91)

	Could anyone please inform as to weather or not there is a utility
around that allows you to print a postscript file to a line printer hanging of
an IBM PC using its graphics mode.

	Thanks in advance,
	Andrew Vellnagel.

-------
INTERNET: andrewv@devvax.mincom.oz.au                     PHONE: +61 7 394 8038
POSTAL: Andrew Vellnagel, Senior Computer Operator, Mincom Centre
        138 Juliette Street, Greenslopes, 4120, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

     It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word.

lion@dat1hb.north.de (Daniel Tietze) (05/25/91)

andrewv@agate.mincom.oz.au writes:

> 	Could anyone please inform as to weather or not there is a utility
> around that allows you to print a postscript file to a line printer hanging o
> an IBM PC using its graphics mode.
  Assuming that by line printer you mean dot matrix, I can recoomend
GOSCRIPT. It works quite well, even with graphics on the page, different
fonts, etc. I'm afraid I cannot tell you where to get the program,
though.
  Also, Ghostscript (from the GNU group, I think) has been made
available to MSDOS users. Again, no source known (other than the trickle
servers).
    Daniel Tietze

| Daniel Tietze, 2800 Bremen 1,  Tel.(voice) : 0421/448806         |
|-=============- DATELINE Communications, Bremen.  The home of DMS |
| Mail: (private) lion@dat1hb.north.de (univ) E07J@DHBRRZ41.BITNET |
|-====- DMS-Support: dateline@dat1hb.north.de                      |

ins845b@monu4.cc.monash.edu.au (mr k.l. lentin) (05/27/91)

In article <6q1H34w164w@dat1hb.north.de> lion@dat1hb.north.de (Daniel Tietze) writes:
>> 	Could anyone please inform as to weather or not there is a utility
>> around that allows you to print a postscript file to a line printer hanging o
>> an IBM PC using its graphics mode.
>  Assuming that by line printer you mean dot matrix, I can recoomend
>GOSCRIPT. It works quite well, even with graphics on the page, different
>fonts, etc. I'm afraid I cannot tell you where to get the program,
>though.

Great! But is there a program that will extract the text from a postscript
file only. I find a lot of papers and manuals in postscript and just want to
convert it to a text file!

|/
|\evin