[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Need PC MagNet programs

slvxg@cc.usu.edu (05/21/91)

I am looking for a couple of utilities from PC Magazine.

		2FILE
		2FLOPPY

			and

		MBOOT

I would rather not set up an account with Compuserve just to get these
programs.  If anyone has them would you please send them to me via mail.

Thanks in advance

Duane
USU CEE
SLVXG@cc.usu.edu

ferdie@coyote.datalog.com (fred jarvis) (05/26/91)

slvxg@cc.usu.edu writes:
> I am looking for a couple of utilities from PC Magazine.
> I would rather not set up an account with Compuserve just to get these
> programs.  If anyone has them would you please send them to me via mail.
    Although PC Mag net (or whatever it is called) is on Compuserve,
you can join PC Mag net directly without joining Compuserve (follow the
directions in PC Magazine).  If you do that, there are no fixed monthly
charges.  You only pay for the time you spend connected to PC Mag net,
which can be minimal if you are careful.
    I agree this is a pain if you are only interested in a couple of
specific utilities...

jamison@hobbes.Corp.Sun.COM (& Gray) (05/28/91)

slvxg@cc.usu.edu writes:
> I am looking for a couple of utilities from PC Magazine.
> I would rather not set up an account with Compuserve just to get these
> programs.  If anyone has them would you please send them to me via mail.

If you have FTP access, there is a directory on the archive
site SIMTEL (and its mirror sites), PD1:<MSDOS.PCMAG>,
that contains an archive of the Magazine's utilities, including
issue-by-issue archive files for the last several years.

See the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) posting in this newsgroup
for info on anonymous ftp to SIMTEL, and its mirrors such as
wuarchive.wustl.edu.

						-- Jamie Gray
--
Jamison Gray, jamison@Eng.Sun.COM "Football is a mistake.  It combines
Sun Microsystems, M.S. 21-04      the two worst elements of American Life:

robert@ireq.hydro.qc.ca (R.Meunier 8516) (05/29/91)

In article <q77i33w163w@coyote.datalog.com> ferdie@coyote.datalog.com (fred jarvis) writes:
>slvxg@cc.usu.edu writes:
>> I am looking for a couple of utilities from PC Magazine.
>> I would rather not set up an account with Compuserve just to get these
>> programs.  If anyone has them would you please send them to me via mail.

	Just go to simtel or one of is mirror, every file from pcmag is there

--
Robert Meunier                     Institut de Recherche d'Hydro-Quebec
Ingenieur                          1800 Montee Ste-Julie, Varennes