[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Linking binary data with MSC

keisu@sics.se (Torbj|rn Keisu) (05/28/91)

I would like to be able to convert a binary file to an .obj file to be linked
together with a MSC 6.0 program. What I`m looking for is something
similar to Borlands BINOBJ utility. I'm told that this one doesn't work
with MSC products due to block size differences.
The binary file contains nothing but data.

Any ideas someone ? Is anyone of you having a emailable description of an
MSC obj file ?

Thanks in advance

T Keisu  (keisu@sics.se)

frank@cavebbs.gen.nz (Frank van der Hulst) (05/29/91)

In article <1991May28.102112.9767@sics.se> keisu@sics.se (Torbj|rn Keisu) writes:

>I would like to be able to convert a binary file to an .obj file to be linked
>together with a MSC 6.0 program. What I`m looking for is something
>
>Any ideas someone ? Is anyone of you having a emailable description of an
>MSC obj file ?

I wantyed to do that recently. What I did was write a small rpogram which
reads the binary file, converting it byte by byte to hex, which is then
written to a new file.

Add something like unsigned char entry_name[] = { to the beginning, and }; to
the end (don't forget commas between the bytes). The use your C compiler to
convert it to a .OBJ file.

--

Take a walk on the wild side, and I don't mean the Milford Track.
Kayaking: The art of appearing to want to go where your boat is taking you.