[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Diverting LPT1 to disk

rchen@draco.rutgers.edu (05/29/91)

Does anyone know if it is possible to divert output from LPT1 to
a disk file.  I have some software that is designed only for direct
output to the printer and I need to modify the format before
creating hardcopy.

Please reply by e-mail if you can to RCHEN@draco.rutgers.edu,
since I am rarely on this topic.

Ron CHen

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (05/30/91)

In article <22.2842ee8e@draco.rutgers.edu> rchen@draco.rutgers.edu writes:
>Does anyone know if it is possible to divert output from LPT1 to
>a disk file.  I have some software that is designed only for direct
>output to the printer and I need to modify the format before
>creating hardcopy.

You'll find pointers to the relevant programs for example in the
Frequently Asked Questions collection /pc/ts/tsarc21.arc available
from garbo.uwasa.fi and SIMTEL20 archives.

>Please reply by e-mail if you can to RCHEN@draco.rutgers.edu,
>since I am rarely on this topic.

If one is interested enough to post a question to a newsgroup,
wouldn't it be logical also to bother to see the posted replys?

Prof. Timo Salmi
Moderating at garbo.uwasa.fi anonymous ftp archives 128.214.12.37

mbb@cbnewsb.cb.att.com (martin.brilliant) (06/01/91)

From article <1991May29.213252.23723@uwasa.fi>, by ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi):
> In article <22.2842ee8e@draco.rutgers.edu> rchen@draco.rutgers.edu writes:
>>Please reply by e-mail if you can to RCHEN@draco.rutgers.edu,
>>since I am rarely on this topic.
>
> If one is interested enough to post a question to a newsgroup,
> wouldn't it be logical also to bother to see the posted replys?

Not necessarily.  This newsgroup is, first, a special interest group,
and, second, a resource for persons outside the group.  Those who need
the expertise of the group for a specific question might not want to
join the group if their main interests are elsewhere.

							Marty
marty@hoqax.att.com		hoqax!marty
Martin B. Brilliant		(Winnertech Corporation)