[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Symbol font with HP LJ III

lloyd@sci.ccny.cuny.edu (Williams Lloyd) (05/31/91)

I'm trying to get output from word for windows on a HP laser jet III
and there doesn't seem to be a symbol font available  on the font menu
even though HP tell me it is an internal font in the LJ III. Does any
one have a solution to this problem. I'm rather tired of being passed
back and forth between microsofts and HP's technical support lines,
neither of which is toll free and both long distance.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Lloyd <lloyd@sci.ccny.cuny.edu>

rbt@tous.uucp (Robert B. Tate) (06/02/91)

In article <1991May30.223956.18459@sci.ccny.cuny.edu> lloyd@sci.ccny.cuny.edu (Williams Lloyd) writes:
>I'm trying to get output from word for windows on a HP laser jet III
>and there doesn't seem to be a symbol font available  on the font menu
>even though HP tell me it is an internal font in the LJ III. Does any
>one have a solution to this problem. I'm rather tired of being passed
>back and forth between microsofts and HP's technical support lines,
>neither of which is toll free and both long distance.
>Any help would be appreciated.
>Thanks Lloyd <lloyd@sci.ccny.cuny.edu>

I don't use windows, but HP is GIVING away a package for windows (HP
Intellifont-for-Windows 3.0). I don't have the phone number here, but it
was in PC Mag. a few issues ago. (You might try 1-303-353-7650). There is
also a "Bitstream Fontware Module for the HP LaserJet III" for the
asking.

For DOS, I use the PC-8 font. I set my LJ III to use it as the default
font (from the front panel) and haven't had any problems since.

--
 rbt@tous.UUCP             Robert B. Tate | A little knowledge is a dangerous
 {ucf-cs,peora,uunet}!tarpit!tous!rbt     | thing. Any less can kill you.