[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Looking for terminal software that does MNP error correcting

koreth@twitterpater.Eng.Sun.COM (Steven Grimm) (06/01/91)

I have a Viva 2400 modem which came with some PC software to do MNP (level 3,
I think) error correction.  At the time, I didn't have a PC, but now that I
do, I can't seem to find that floppy.  Does anyone know where such software
might live on the net, preferably accessible via ftp?

---
Steven Grimm  koreth@eng.sun.com   Moderator, comp.{sources,binaries}.atari.st
"We must be brave, and not let them know how frightened we really are."
                 -- OPEN LOOK Graphical User Interface Functional Specification

mig@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Meir) (06/05/91)

In article <14332@exodus.Eng.Sun.COM> koreth@twitterpater.Eng.Sun.COM (Steven Grimm) writes:
>I have a Viva 2400 modem which came with some PC software to do MNP (level 3,
>I think) error correction.  At the time, I didn't have a PC, but now that I
>do, I can't seem to find that floppy.  Does anyone know where such software
>might live on the net, preferably accessible via ftp?
>
>---
>Steven Grimm  koreth@eng.sun.com   Moderator, comp.{sources,binaries}.atari.st
>"We must be brave, and not let them know how frightened we really are."
>                 -- OPEN LOOK Graphical User Interface Functional Specification

My Cardinal 2400 bps modem came with software MNP 5 as part of a software
package called Flashlink.  But when I tried it with Columbia's unix host, it
hung for a little while, then gave a stream of garbage, and finally hung up.
I can't get it to do anything useful at all.  So much for software MNP!?

* * * * * * * * ======================= mig@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu