[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Geoworks - the "Latest Scoop"

dlukas@enzyme (David Lukas) (06/13/91)

In article <289.285469A9@weyr.FIDONET.ORG> Dave.Gudjonson@f43.n140.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Dave Gudjonson) writes:
>Although this prg is relatively
>new to MS-Dos machines, 8bit
>Commodore machines have had a
>few years to develop some
>astounding add-ons and
>application prgs.  As well,
>literally hundreds of Fonts..
>Has anyone seen any similar prgs
>or files for the MS-Dos version?
>
>--
>Dave Gudjonson - via FidoNet node 1:140/22
>UUCP: ...!herald!weyr!43!Dave.Gudjonson
>Domain: Dave.Gudjonson@f43.n140.z1.FIDONET.ORG
>Standard Disclaimers Apply...

I am finishing up an internship at Geoworks.

Here is what I can tell you:

* GeoWorks is working with third-party developers.  Dimensions Research
  (developers who created VP-Planner) has announced an agreement to
  develop a professional, three-dimensional, multi-page spreadsheet
  based on PC/GEOS.

* MicroLogic has produced a package of fonts called "Display Faces" which
  contains 26 typefaces.  These fonts can be used with PC/GEOS and other
  software.  Retail price $149.95  MicroLogic can be reached at
  415-652-5464 or check your local computer store.

* Version 1.2 of GeoWorks Ensemble is scheduled to ship in July.  It will
  be sent at no charge to registered owners of GeoWorks Ensemble 1.0.
  New features include spell-checking in GeoWrite, support for Canon LBP
  printers (with at least 1.5 megabytes RAM) and PostScript printers (and
  other new printer drivers), and the game Tetris.

  The version 1.2 package sent to registered owners of 1.0 will include a
  special FontPack offer.  I don't know what the offer is...

I got some of this info from the GeoWorks "Latest Scoop Info Line".
You can reach this hotline from any touchtone phone.  The number is
415-644-0883; once you are connected dial extension 749.  Select a message
from the menu.

This is not an official GeoWorks press release, so I am responsible for
any discrepancy between the above and the actual information on the hotline
or in GeoWorks press releases.

David