[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Kye

gtoye@hp835.mitek.com (Gene Toye) (06/13/91)

Does anyone know what has happened to the BBS run by Kye International,
maker of Genius products (Mouse, Scanner, etc.).  I installed MSDOS
5.0 last night and the new dos shell nagged at me about my mouse driver
being out of date.  So I called the Kye bbs to see if they had a newer
one to download and got a "no longer in service" recording from the
phone co.  Anyone know if its gone, new number, etc.

Thanks!
--
Gene Toye, Software Engineer                               gtoye@hp835.mitek.com
OpenConnect Systems, 2033 Chennault Drive, Carrollton, TX 75006

sorrow@oak.circa.ufl.edu (06/13/91)

KYE just went through a move or something.  Anyway, if you have one
of their manuals call the tech support number.  You should get a "
That number has been changed".  Call that number, and ask for the BBS
line.

I had to do that to get their sales team!  After that, we decided to switch
over to Logitech (KYE is a marginal compan;y at best....)

Brian
/*
Brian Hook -- MS-DOS Programmer for Contract
"I was in the kitchen, Seamus, that's my dog, was outside....and buried
ALIVE....fritter and waste...but this one goes to 11!....anymore of that
plutonium nyborg?...Little guitars..This is home...this is Mean Street..
*/

jmoore@cue.bc.ca (Jono Moore) (06/13/91)

In article <gtoye.676749997@hp835> gtoye@hp835.mitek.com (Gene Toye) writes:

>Does anyone know what has happened to the BBS run by Kye International,
>maker of Genius products (Mouse, Scanner, etc.).  I installed MSDOS
>5.0 last night and the new dos shell nagged at me about my mouse driver
>being out of date.  So I called the Kye bbs to see if they had a newer
>one to download and got a "no longer in service" recording from the
>phone co.  Anyone know if its gone, new number, etc.

Genius has filed for bankruptcy.

There is supposed to be someone called Tod Reuther who is handling tech
support (or setting up a business to handle it) who can be reached at
612-438-2333.  I've called there a couple of times though and have not heard
back from him (I'm looking for Harvard Graphics and Windows3 drivers for the
Genius full page monitor).

--
Jono Moore	jmoore@cue.bc.ca	jono_moore@{mindlink.bc.ca|cc.sfu.ca}

       Member of the Committee for the Liberation and Integration of
        Terrifying Organisms and their Rehabilitation Into Society