[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Modem programing

dove@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Daniel L Dove) (06/13/91)

	Hello, I want to write a program that uses a modem. The problem is

I have no clue how to program a modem. I know C ,Pascal ,Fortran. If anyone

has anything that would help please send me E-mail. Thanks

						Dan

ecldco@isc.rit.edu (E.C. Loyd) (06/14/91)

In article <138967@unix.cis.pitt.edu> dove@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Daniel L Dove) writes:

>	Hello, I want to write a program that uses a modem. The problem is
>
>I have no clue how to program a modem. I know C ,Pascal ,Fortran. If anyone
>
>has anything that would help please send me E-mail. Thanks
>

>						Dan

You don't program a modem.  You program a program that reads/writes the modem's port address (based on its IRQ line).  If you desire more information that that (and telling someone how to write a program that will talk to a modem is no
easy task) then send me mail.

I'll help you out privately instead of costing the net hundreds,
if not thousands of dollars to send messages all over the world.

:-)

-eric

--
ECLDCO@RITVAXC.bitnet      ECL6895@RITVAXC.bitnet