[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Tektronic Terminal Emulation

hong@garfield.cs.mun.ca (Hong Cheng) (06/13/91)

Is there any shareware/public domain terminal program which
has the ability to emulate a Tektronic Graphics terminal?
I have located a shareware from PCSIG, the last update of it is on 87.
I sent a letter to inquire about the status of the program, but reply
yet.

rodrigol@ulrik.uio.no (Rodrigo Lopez) (06/14/91)

In article <1991Jun13.074014.10220@garfield.cs.mun.ca>,
hong@garfield.cs.mun.ca (Hong Cheng) writes:
> Is there any shareware/public domain terminal program which
> has the ability to emulate a Tektronic Graphics terminal?
> I have located a shareware from PCSIG, the last update of it is on
87.
> I sent a letter to inquire about the status of the program, but reply
> yet.

Tried:

1. MsKermit 2.03 - 3.01  (Good Tektronics emulation!) for serial
communication
2. CUTCP TelBin		For communication through ethernet
3. NCSA Telnet			s.a.a.

v087mxgb@ubvmsb.cc.buffalo.edu (Shawn E Thompson) (06/14/91)

In article <1991Jun13.074014.10220@garfield.cs.mun.ca>, hong@garfield.cs.mun.ca (Hong Cheng) writes...
>Is there any shareware/public domain terminal program which
>has the ability to emulate a Tektronic Graphics terminal?

Yes......I have had great success using the 4010 emuulator that
comes with MS-Kermit.........only B&W, but handles graphics very
nicely...and checks for your PC's video capability too!

st

hong@garfield.cs.mun.ca (Hong Cheng) (06/14/91)

Thx for everybody who told me about MSKERMIT.
I downloaded the MSKERMIT v3.2 from one of the local BBS.
It is great! A fantastic communication program with excellent terminal emulation.