[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Wanted : DOS program that can read CP/M-80 diskettes

tamari@bimacs.BITNET (tamari zvi) (06/16/91)

Help !!!

   I have valueable files stored on 5.25" CP/M-80 diskettes.
   Does anyone know about a DOS program that can read these disks?
   If you know about such a program please let me know about it.

                                  Thank you for your attention,
                                        Zvi Tamari.

--
Name : Zvi Tamari

E-Mail Addresses : BitNet   : tamari@bimacs.bitnet
                   InterNet : tamari@bimacs.cs.biu.ac.il

Address : 3   Hameiri  st.
          Ramat Gan 52 651
          ISRAEL            Telephone : 03-340169

w8sdz@rigel.acs.oakland.edu (Keith Petersen) (06/16/91)

tamari@bimacs.BITNET (tamari zvi) writes:
> I have valueable files stored on 5.25" CP/M-80 diskettes.
> Does anyone know about a DOS program that can read these disks?
> If you know about such a program please let me know about it.

WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL [192.88.110.20]

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.DSKUTL>
 Filename   Type Length   Date    Description
22DSK136.ZIP  B  166633  910428  CP/M<->Diskette xfer, over 100 formats. SYDEX
22DSKDOC.ZIP  B   25138  910610  Documentation file for Sydex's 22DISK program

--
Keith Petersen
Maintainer of the MSDOS, MISC and CP/M archives at SIMTEL20 [192.88.110.20]

nolan@tssi.UUCP (Michael Nolan) (06/19/91)

tamari@bimacs.BITNET (tamari zvi) writes:

>Help !!!

>   I have valueable files stored on 5.25" CP/M-80 diskettes.
>   Does anyone know about a DOS program that can read these disks?
>   If you know about such a program please let me know about it.

This question comes up often enough it should be a FAQ!

I'm not aware of any freeware programs that do this, but there is a
commercial product called XENOCOPY-PC that reads several hundred file
formats, including quite a few CP/M formats.  (NOT APPLE II, however).

The last info I had on it was that it was $79.95, and was available from:
XENOSOFT, 2210 Sixth St, Berkeley CA, 94710-2219.  (415) 644-9366.
Michael Nolan                              "Software means never having
Tailored Software Services, Inc.            to say you're finished."
Lincoln, Nebraska (402) 423-1490            --J. D. Hildebrand in UNIX REVIEW
UUCP:      tssi!nolan (watch this space for a registered domain, RSN!)
Internet:  nolan@helios.unl.edu