[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Ghostscript 2.2 at SIMTEL20 doe

newbie@inmet.inmet.com (06/20/91)

/* Written  4:49 am  Jun 18, 1991 by cdlee@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu in inmet:comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc */
/* ---------- "Re: Ghostscript 2.2 at SIMTEL20 doe" ---------- */
gened@techbook.com (Gene Daniel) writes:

>HOMH@QUCDN.QueensU.CA writes:

>>I down loaded Ghostscript 2.2 from SIMTEL20 on Friday. I tested it
>>with my SVGA monitor and an LQ800 compatible printer and it worked
>>fine.

>I glad to see that it seems to work for the LQ800 printer, however, I can't
>get it to work on my Epson FX-286 printer. Many other graphic programs output
>graphics to this printer and I have never had any problems. I get nothing but
>garbage characters on the printer. It's almost like it doesn't get into
>graphics mode. Has anyone got Ghostscript to work on an FX-286? Any help
>would be appreciated.

I cannot get it to work on my Epson LQ-510, either. It seems that it
has problems with horizontal spacing. For example, a rectangle with
letters in it comes out something like:

<nifty picture deleted>

Has anyone got it to work on an LQ-510?
/* End of text from inmet:comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc */

How do you get GS to print something? I don't even know how, so I can't
try it out. The sparse documentation I got with it talks about printing
and printer drivers, but never mentions how to print... Is there a
manual for this thing somewhere?

-Chris

   Intermetrics, Inc	|  	      "Don't mess with Mrs. Murphy!"         |
           Disclaimer: "All warranties expire upon payment of invoice."
newbie@inmet.inmet.com * inmet!newbie@uunet * ctne_ltd@uhura.cc.rochester.edu