[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] BBS software and door games

steven@pro-odyssey.cts.com (Steven Wells) (06/21/91)

I'm in search of some good BBS programs and door games for the IBM.  Does
anyone have suggestions as to what packages are best and what the most
current, GOOD doorgames are?  Are any FTPable?  Thanks in advance!
----
ProLine:  steven@pro-odyssey
Internet: steven@pro-odyssey.cts.com
UUCP:     crash!pro-odyssey!steven
ARPA:     crash!pro-odyssey!steven@nosc.mil

fordke@infonode.ingr.com (Keith Ford x8614) (06/22/91)

In article <1991Jun21.133618.15543@crash.cts.com> steven@pro-odyssey.cts.com (Steven Wells) writes:
>I'm in search of some good BBS programs and door games for the IBM.  Does
>anyone have suggestions as to what packages are best and what the most
>current, GOOD doorgames are?  Are any FTPable?  Thanks in advance!

For a bbs package, might I suggest Opus CBCS (computer based conversation
system).  It has all that a sysop would want.  Version 1.20 is scheduled
for release on July 14th.  Opus is Freeware, as in no cost.  It has built-in
support for Fidonet and can link with Usenet by using UFGate.  Opus was the
first bbs to offer a built-in full-screen message editor for users.  It also
supports Avatar, external protocols, sysop defined menus and screens, doors,
and more.  Be ready for Bastille day...
--
 __
/  \ Micro Magic  1:373/12  (205)830-2362  keith@umagic.fidonet.org