[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Looking for Troff for Dos

rayj@camco.Celestial.COM (Ray Jones) (06/26/91)

In <1991Jun18.223737.18196@rockyd.rockefeller.edu> bergman@hcx.rockefeller.edu (Mark Bergman) writes:

>I'm looking for information on troff for MS-DOS. I'd appreciate
>any reviews of products, cost comparisons, and any comments. The
>output device will be an HP IIIP, so additional consideration will
>be given to products supporting (directly or via filters) the HP.

>I'm particularly interested in PD troff (if it exists) or versions
>of psroff or groff ported to DOS and executable on a '286 :).

You might try Image Network in Mt. View CA 415-967-0542
They have a product called XROFF.  This will work with many  different
laser printers including the HP IIIP.  I have used it for years
outputing to a DEC LN03 (I am using the Unix version).  They have
versions that will work with DOS also.  Uses downloadable fonts and
comes with the mm ms and me macro sets.  Also includes pic, tbl, and
eqn, plus documentation.

This is not PD software, but is reasonable.
--
Onager Systems			 Ray A. Jones
18710 NE 59th Ct.		UUCP .....uunet!camco!onager!ray