[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Dak computer equipt/video grabber & printer/inputs ??

lawson@ssdvax.mdcbbs.com (Jim Lawson) (06/24/91)

Hi,

A DAK catalogue I recieved has a IBM 256 color, 64 grayscale video grabber and
software for sal at $299 + $9.00 postage. and a Toshiba 24 pin printer for
$249 + 19 postage.

Is this reasonable equiptment ? And a reasonable price ?

Any input would be appreciated !!!

Thanks !!

--
Jim Lawson				Opinions expressed here are my own !!

Address: Lawson@ssdvax.mdcbbs.com

jfr@locus.com (Jon Rosen) (06/26/91)

In article <1991Jun24.094226.1@ssdvax.mdcbbs.com> lawson@ssdvax.mdcbbs.com (Jim Lawson) writes:
>A DAK catalogue I recieved has a IBM 256 color, 64 grayscale video grabber and
>software for sal at $299 + $9.00 postage. and a Toshiba 24 pin printer for
>$249 + 19 postage.
>Is this reasonable equiptment ? And a reasonable price ?

 I saw the entry in the catalog also.  I am going over to Dak on Saturday
 (we are in Los Angeles, and their warehouse is in Chatsworth which is
 near where I live) to check it out.  They have all their computer stuff
 on display at the warehouse and if you buy it there, you don't have to
 pay postage!  I will report back...

 By the way, I have been pretty satisfied with much stuff I have bought
 at Dak, including a BSR dual cassette recorder and their Autobakery for
 home-baked bread.  They really do honor their no-questions-asked money
 back guarantee with a smile.  I have yet to buy an computer stuff from
 them but I am interested in the video grabber as well as their latest
 CD-Rom offer.

Jon Rosen