[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Looking for Tetris. Please help!

ferdie@coyote.datalog.com (fred jarvis) (06/25/91)

ajbennett@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu (Andrew Bennett) writes:
> find a version to support my setup.  I have an 8088 clone, with a hercules
> monitor.  I've got several versions via anonymous FTP, but they don't
> support a hercules card.  Although they do work nice at work, but that's
> not the place for such a game.
>
> So, if you know of a tetris version that would work on the old clone
> here at home, I'd greatly appreciate it.

   You could buy the official commercial version of Tetris.  Although
I haven't used it with a Hercules monitor, the manual says it supports
it.

robertsw@gtephx.UUCP (Wild Rider) (06/28/91)

In article <8Hq342w163w@coyote.datalog.com> ferdie@coyote.datalog.com
(fred jarvis) writes:
>ajbennett@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu (Andrew Bennett) writes:
>> find a version to support my setup.  I have an 8088 clone, with a hercules
>> monitor.  I've got several versions via anonymous FTP, but they don't
>> support a hercules card.  Although they do work nice at work, but that's
>> not the place for such a game.

	try the tetris clone 'nyet' (which should be available from most bbs's
	or ftp sites).  i scarfed my copy from comp.binaries.ibm.pc when it came
	floating past :-).  i have an original ibm pc/xt with the herc card &
	'nyet' works just fine with my setup.  "try it, you'll like it"

	if you can't find it anywhere, send me email & i'll ship it to you.

	cheers && happy hunting,
	wr (the wild rider)
--
Wallace Roberts, AG (formerly GTE) Communication Systems, Phoenix, AZ
UUCP: ...!{ncar!noao!asuvax | uunet!zardoz!hrc | att}!gtephx!robertsw