[comp.os.msdos.apps] HPGL output from printscreen or laser jet code

gordon@boulder.Colorado.EDU (GORDON ALLEN R) (07/27/90)

Does any one know of software that will produce HPGL output from a screendump
via printscreen or from a file encoded with laser jet or postscript code.
Actually, any graphics format file will be a start.  I am interested in saving
a graphic image on the screen for immediate (preferred) delayed plotting on an
HPGL plotter.  I do not have a tektronix terminal.  The product PIZAZZ does not
seem applicable, but I may be wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Allen Gordon

rick@wet.UUCP (Rick Rutledge) (08/04/90)

gordon@spot.Colorado.EDU (GORDON ALLEN R) writes:
>Does any one know of software that will produce HPGL output from a screendump
>via printscreen or from a file encoded with laser jet or postscript code.
>Actually, any graphics format file will be a start.  I am interested in saving
>a graphic image on the screen for immediate (preferred) delayed plotting on an
>HPGL plotter.  I do not have a tektronix terminal.  The product PIZAZZ does not
>seem applicable, but I may be wrong.

May be a roundabout way, but if you have WordPerfect, you'll find it offers
an often overlooked utility called GRAB.COM, a TSR which allows you to clip
screen images and save them as WordPerfect Graphic files (.WPG), past them
into documents, and print them on any WP supported printer.  If you must
have HP code in file, you could print to a file from WP.

Rick Rutledge        {hoptoad|ucsfcca|claris}!wet!rick            rick@wet.UUCP
"Voici le secret." dit le renard.  "On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur.
L'essentiel est invisible aux yeux." -Antoine de St. Exupery, _le Petit Prince_