[comp.os.msdos.apps] ? E

a864@mindlink.UUCP (Jono Moore) (07/25/90)

I found a file on 35.1.33.8 called Postscript Magic that converts postscript to
just about any printer type.  You have to have a minimum of a 286 to run it.

It seems to be quite a good package, but it is missing some files... like fonts
;-)  But otherwise it does a good job of graphics.  It will supposedly read
output from programs that put out postscript code and it has an interpreter
built in.

If anyone knows where one can find a complete version of this archive please
let me know!

The archive is PSMAGIC.ZIP.
--
{a864,Jono_Moore}@mindlink.UUCP  >or<  BITNET: usernk1z@sfu
(604) 983-3189 (voice)               INTERNET: Jono_Moore@cc.sfu.ca

ee5391aa@hydra.unm.edu (Duke McMullan n5gax) (07/26/90)

I know this is kinda like putting a turbojet with afterburner on a '52 Nash,
but is there some sort of package which will translate...if that's the
right word...postscript output to something an Epson LQ-510 printer can
handle (slowly)?

Messdos environment, BTW.

					TNX,

			"Peace is hell." -- Skyler
   Duke McMullan n5gax nss13429r phon505-255-4642 ee5391aa@hydra.unm.edu

rick@wet.UUCP (Rick Rutledge) (08/04/90)

(Duke McMullan n5gax) writes:
>I know this is kinda like putting a turbojet with afterburner on a '52 Nash,
>but is there some sort of package which will translate...if that's the
>right word...postscript output to something an Epson LQ-510 printer can
>handle (slowly)?
>
>Messdos environment, BTW.

There are a couple.  The only one whose name comes to mind right now is
called "Freedom of the Press".  Not cheap, but good, all things considered.

Rick Rutledge        {hoptoad|ucsfcca|claris}!wet!rick            rick@wet.UUCP
"Voici le secret." dit le renard.  "On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur.
L'essentiel est invisible aux yeux." -Antoine de St. Exupery, _le Petit Prince_

mikel@pyramid.pyramid.com (Mike Lipsie) (08/06/90)

In article <1416@wet.UUCP> rick@wet.UUCP (Rick Rutledge) writes:
>(Duke McMullan n5gax) writes:
>>I know this is kinda like putting a turbojet with afterburner on a '52 Nash,
>>but is there some sort of package which will translate...if that's the
>>right word...postscript output to something an Epson LQ-510 printer can
>>handle (slowly)?
>>
>>Messdos environment, BTW.
>
>There are a couple.  The only one whose name comes to mind right now is
>called "Freedom of the Press".  Not cheap, but good, all things considered.

I happen to be researching that question myself.  Two other names I
have encountered are UltraScript and GoScript.
--
Mike Lipsie                                         mikel@pyramid.com