[comp.os.msdos.apps] 4dos EMM problem with Epsilon

sondeen@venera.isi.edu (Jeff Sondeen) (08/17/90)

Can anyone give me clues about the following problem: with 4dos Version
3.1 loaded as primary and secondary shells, with swapping to EMS enabled,
Epsilon Version 2.29 reports the following EMS error -- not enough unallocated
memory (there actually is -- 2 Megs+).  I am new to 4dos; old to Epsilon
(emacs clone text editor).  Thanks, /jeff
--
/jeff	sondeen@isi.edu			"happiness is a non-negative cash flow"

kdq@demott.COM (Kevin D. Quitt) (08/17/90)

In article <14599@venera.isi.edu> sondeen@venera.isi.edu (Jeff Sondeen) writes:
>Epsilon Version 2.29

    The correct fix is to get version 4.0 of Epsilon.  You'll thank yourself.

jacobs@cs.utah.edu (Steven R. Jacobs) (08/17/90)

In article <501@demott.COM> kdq@demott.COM (Kevin D. Quitt) writes:
> In article <14599@venera.isi.edu> sondeen@venera.isi.edu (Jeff Sondeen) writes:
>>Epsilon Version 2.29
>
> The correct fix is to get version 4.0 of Epsilon.  You'll thank yourself.

Actually, if you decide to buy a new version, you may want to consider
version 5.0 of Epsilon.  Some of the new features in 5.0 are:

	horizontal scrolling

	split windows horizontally or vertically

	enhanced "dired" support

	autosave

	enhanced tags support

	"bufed" command

	multiple swap files (RAM disk, hard disk, network, etc.)

	additional undo/redo commands

	and more .....

Version 5.0 was just released, so be sure to specify version 5.0 if
you order from someplace other than Lugaru.  I don't (yet) have 5.0,
so I can't comment on possible bugs, except to say that I've never
been disappointed in previous upgrades of Epsilon.

--
Steve Jacobs  ({bellcore,hplabs,uunet}!utah-cs!jacobs, jacobs@cs.utah.edu)