[comp.os.msdos.apps] LITES TSR problems

ttp@lanl.gov (T T Phillips) (08/21/90)

In article <1192@fang.dsto.oz>, hjh@aeg.dsto.oz.au (H.J.Harvey-AEG) writes:

> I have the PC-Magazine "LITES" RS-232 software breakout TSR running but it
> often crashes the system.

I have had problems with LITES also.  It seemed to crash with some
terminal emulators, e.g., Vterm, but not with other, e.g., Telix.  I
suspect that it is somehow related to how the emulator hooks into the
system.  There is a version later than the original 1.0 available on
Simtel20, but I have not tested it.

Terry Phillips
Los Alamos National Laboratory
ttp@beta.lanl.gov

hjh@aeg.dsto.oz.au (H.J.Harvey-AEG) (08/22/90)

I have the PC-Magazine "LITES" RS-232 software breakout TSR running but it
often crashes the system.  It is obviously a clash in the TSR with the O/S.

Has anyone got the fix for this problem?  I could fix it if needed, but would
rather not re-invent the wheel.

Howie

Howard Harvey                                 | c = 1802617499785.254116 f/f
Aeronautical Research Laboratory              |       (furlongs/fortnight)
Defence Science and Technology Organisation   +-----------------------------
Salisbury, South Australia                    | Phone: +61 8 259 6322
               Note correct Email address ==> | Email: hjh@aeg.dsto.oz.au