[comp.os.msdos.apps] software for news feed to ibm.pc

mju@mudos.ann-arbor.mi.us (Marc Unangst) (08/19/90)

dlt@wingman.UUCP (Don Turrell) writes:
> I am looking for software that will allow
> an ibm.pc to be used to receive a newsfeed
> from a remote (via modem) unix machine.

First of all, your message was inappropriate for comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d.
Topics such as this one belong in comp.os.msdos.apps; please help keep
c.b.i.p.d on-topic by not posting inappropriate messages here.

Second of all, Waffle is quite a fine program for this application.
Waffle has extensive (comparable to smail 2.5) mail-routing capabilities,
as well as the ability to handle batched news and 12-bit compressed
batches.  The most recent version of Waffle is v1.62, although v1.63
is due out soon.  You can obtain Waffle from wuarchive.wustl.edu:
/mirrors/msdos/bbs/waf162.zip.

--
Marc Unangst               |
mju@mudos.ann-arbor.mi.us  | Angular momentum makes the world go 'round.

jmerrill@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Confusion Reigns) (08/23/90)

In article <kPT5N1w162w@mudos.ann-arbor.mi.us> mju@mudos.ann-arbor.mi.us (Marc Unangst) writes:
>dlt@wingman.UUCP (Don Turrell) writes:
>> I am looking for software that will allow
>> an ibm.pc to be used to receive a newsfeed
>> from a remote (via modem) unix machine.
>
>Second of all, Waffle is quite a fine program for this application.

Is there a program out there that hooks into an NNTP host for general
reading?  I'm not really interested in becoming a full UUCP node...

--
Jason Merrill				me@here