[comp.os.msdos.apps] nroff/troff for MS-DOS

a577@mindlink.UUCP (Curt Sampson) (10/07/90)

Does anybody know if there is some sort of nroff/troff clone (preferably
freeware/shareware/whatever) available for MS-DOS, and if so, where I could get
it?  Thanks.

cjs
--
Curt_Sampson@mindlink.UUCP                     (Vancouver, B.C., Canada)
{uunet|ubc-cs}!van-bc!rsoft!mindlink!Curt_Sampson   Data: (604) 687-6736

kooijman@duteca (Richard Kooijman) (10/09/90)

a577@mindlink.UUCP (Curt Sampson) writes:

>Does anybody know if there is some sort of nroff/troff clone (preferably
>freeware/shareware/whatever) available for MS-DOS, and if so, where I could get
>it?  Thanks.

Yes, there is. The C Users Group has a disk (number 304) with a troff clone.
To be more precise, the author tried to make it as compatible as possible.
The program differs on some commands (i.e. .rm does remove something in troff,
in ROFF5 it sets the right margin, I believe). But for 99% it is compatible.
The full source is included, so you could change the things you don't like.
Furthermore it has macros with names of an arbitrary length and parameters.
You can easily add printer specific commands in macros, to download characters
your printer doesn't have.
The source is in Turbo C, but it should be easy to compile it with other
compilers.

Richard.

rommel@lan.informatik.tu-muenchen.dbp.de (Kai-Uwe Rommel) (10/10/90)

In article <1077@duteca.UUCP> kooijman@duteca (Richard Kooijman) writes:
>a577@mindlink.UUCP (Curt Sampson) writes:
>
>>Does anybody know if there is some sort of nroff/troff clone (preferably
>>freeware/shareware/whatever) available for MS-DOS, and if so, where I could get
>>it?  Thanks.
>
>Yes, there is. The C Users Group has a disk (number 304) with a troff clone.
>To be more precise, the author tried to make it as compatible as possible.
>The program differs on some commands (i.e. .rm does remove something in troff,

How can one get these C Users Group software. Is it archived somewhere?

Thanks,
Kai Uwe Rommel

--
/* Kai Uwe Rommel
 * Munich

fetter@cos.com (Bob Fetter) (10/11/90)

In article <1077@duteca.UUCP> kooijman@duteca (Richard Kooijman) writes:
>a577@mindlink.UUCP (Curt Sampson) writes:
>
>>Does anybody know if there is some sort of nroff/troff clone (preferably
>>freeware/shareware/whatever) available for MS-DOS, and if so, where I could
>>get it?  Thanks.
>
>Yes, there is. The C Users Group has a disk (number 304) with a troff clone.

  Where might one get access to the C Users Group disks/archives?  Is there
a mail server that provides access to the archives?

  Also, is there a summary description listing of what things are available
on these disks?

  Thanks,
  -Bob-