[comp.os.msdos.apps] Getting postscript o/p of a WordPerfect document

mju@mudos.ann-arbor.mi.us (Marc Unangst) (10/12/90)

swamy@cs.ubc.ca (H.V. Sreekantaswamy) writes:
> I would like to get a postscript file output from my wordperfect
> document in my PC, so that I can print it out on laserwriter at work.
> I have installed Apple Laserwriter driver, but I am not able to
> figure out the way to set it to print into a file.

Go to the "Select Printer" screen off the main Printer screen.  Go to
the Apple LaserWriter IINTX driver, and select (E)dit.  Change the
(P)ort to "(O)ther", and then specify the filename you want to print
to.

This seems to come up so often, perhaps it should get put in the FAQ
file?

--
Marc Unangst               |
mju@mudos.ann-arbor.mi.us  | "Bus error: passengers dumped"

kusumoto@chsun1.uchicago.edu (Bob Kusumoto) (10/14/90)

mju@mudos.ann-arbor.mi.us (Marc Unangst) writes:
>Go to the "Select Printer" screen off the main Printer screen.  Go to
>the Apple LaserWriter IINTX driver, and select (E)dit.  Change the
>(P)ort to "(O)ther", and then specify the filename you want to print
>to.

Even better:  use the Postscript driver that comes with the program if its
not a specific postscript printer listed in the listing.  In WP5.1, the
latest Postscript printer drivers are on Printer disks 10 (dated 11/6/90)
which has a listing for a good deal of the Adobe type library and disk 13
which contains the listing for a good deal of Monotype's type library.

Bob
   Bob Kusumoto                               |    Find the electric messiah!
Internet:  kusumoto@chsun1.uchicago.edu       |          The AC/DC God!
Bitnet:    kusumoto@chsun1.uchicago.bitnet    | - My Life with the Thrill Kill
UUCP:  ...!{oddjob,gargoyle}!chsun1!kusumoto  |   Kult, "Kooler than Jesus"

rick@wet.UUCP (Rick Rutledge) (10/17/90)

Marc Unangst writes:
 >H.V. Sreekantaswamy writes:
 >> I would like to get a postscript file output from my wordperfect
 >> document in my PC, so that I can print it out on laserwriter at work.
 >
 >Go to the "Select Printer" screen off the main Printer screen.  Go to
 >the Apple LaserWriter IINTX driver, and select (E)dit.  Change the
 >(P)ort to "(O)ther", and then specify the filename you want to print
 >to.

Don't forget - on a Mac you can't just copy that PS file to the printer, as
you would on a PC.  You have to have a utility on the Mac which can handle
the dialogue with the printer, such as SendPS.

Rick Rutledge        {hoptoad|ucsfcca|claris}!wet!rick            rick@wet.UUCP
"Voici le secret." dit le renard.  "On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur.
L'essentiel est invisible aux yeux." -Antoine de St. Exupery, _le Petit Prince_