[comp.os.msdos.apps] Borland's SPRINT word processor upgrade

peter@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Peter J Diaz de Leon) (10/08/90)

I know Borland International has a policy of not
commenting on upcomming products or upgrades. But
does anybody have an idea if Borland plans on an
upgrade for SPRINT their word processor or are
they just going to let it die.

			Thanks
			Peter

University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee             USMAIL:  Peter J. Diaz de Leon
Computer Science Department                              7411 W. Warnimont Ave.
                                                         Milwaukee, WI. 53220
ARPA: peter@cvax.cs.uwm.edu                     Daytime: (414)229-3886
UUCP: {wuarchive, rutgers, lll-winken} !uwm!miller.cs!peter

boy6@freyja.uchicago.edu (Justin Boyan) (10/18/90)

In <6815@uwm.edu> peter@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Peter J Diaz de Leon) writes:

>I know Borland International has a policy of not
>commenting on upcomming products or upgrades. But
>does anybody have an idea if Borland plans on an
>upgrade for SPRINT their word processor or are
>they just going to let it die.

>			Thanks
>			Peter

My understanding is Borland will continue to support
Sprint but not produce any new releases.  It's too bad,
because Sprint (and its predecessors Final Word and
Perfect Writer) are extremely powerful, versatile WP's.

--  Justin Boyan  --  boy6@cs.uchicago.edu

esteban@apollo.HP.COM (Steven Fernandez) (10/23/90)

In article <boy6.656201066@freyja.uchicago.edu>,
boy6@freyja.uchicago.edu (Justin Boyan) writes:
|> In <6815@uwm.edu> peter@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Peter J Diaz de Leon) writes:
|>

|> My understanding is Borland will continue to support
|> Sprint but not produce any new releases.  It's too bad,
|> because Sprint (and its predecessors Final Word and
|> Perfect Writer) are extremely powerful, versatile WP's.
|>
|> --  Justin Boyan  --  boy6@cs.uchicago.edu

Gosh, what is it with Borland. They have released so many
good products that they then turn around and decide to let
die.  As good as I have heard sprint it why buy it?  You'll be
stuck with a program that is  dead in the water.

			Steve