[comp.os.msdos.apps] Desqview problems

iqe@vax5.cit.cornell.edu (11/13/90)

Is there a news group out there (here) that has a lot of discussion on
DesqView?  I am having trouble getting a program that was written using a
VPIC compatable dos extender to run under desqview (I get a grave accent `
in front of every character I type, I have tried turning learn off and I
get an o with a hat ^ on it in front of every character).  Any tips?
Thanks in advance.

       -Mic Lacey

Ralf.Brown@B.GP.CS.CMU.EDU (11/14/90)

In article <1990Nov13.100657.977@vax5.cit.cornell.edu>, iqe@vax5.cit.cornell.edu wrote:
}Is there a news group out there (here) that has a lot of discussion on
}DesqView?

Not on Usenet, but if you try your local Fidonet BBSs, you should find one or
more which carry the DESQVIEW echo (Fido's newsgroup equivalent).  It's fairly
active at about 40-50 messages per day.

w8sdz@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Keith Petersen) (11/16/90)

Ralf.Brown@B.GP.CS.CMU.EDU writes:
>iqe@vax5.cit.cornell.edu wrote:
>}Is there a news group out there (here) that has a lot of discussion on
>}DesqView?
>
>Not on Usenet, but if you try your local Fidonet BBSs, you should find one or
>more which carry the DESQVIEW echo (Fido's newsgroup equivalent).  It's fairly
>active at about 40-50 messages per day.

I believe it's time to propose a new newsgroup:  comp.os.msdos.desqview

Does anyone have the time to propose this and take the formal votes?
Perhaps one of the well-connected FidoNet hosts would be willing to
gateway the echo to/from Usenet.

Keith
--
Keith Petersen
Co-SysOp, Detroit Download Central 313-885-3956 (212/V22bis/HST/V32/V42bis)

larry@sunrise.com (Larry Rogers) (11/19/90)

I too would like to see a newsgroup for Desqview.  And a separate news
group for Windows 3.0.

Larry\

jmann@angmar.sw.stratus.com (Jim Mann) (11/20/90)

In article <1990Nov19.125414.10823@sunrise.com>, larry@sunrise.com
(Larry Rogers) writes:
|>I too would like to see a newsgroup for Desqview.  And a separate news
|>group for Windows 3.0.

We already have the latter: comp.windows.ms (which is now 90+ percent about
3.0).

Jim Mann
Stratus Computer
jim_mann@es.stratus.com

chaz@chinet.chi.il.us (Charlie Kestner) (11/21/90)

In article <1990Nov19.125414.10823@sunrise.com> larry@sunrise.com (Larry Rogers) writes:
>I too would like to see a newsgroup for Desqview.  And a separate news
>group for Windows 3.0.

  A "CALL FOR DISCUSSION" for the creation of 'comp.os.msdos.desqview'
will be posted to 'news.announce'newgroups' within the next week.
(PROBABLY within the next day!  8-])