[comp.os.msdos.apps] X-Windows on a PC

hooverm@sysjj.mdcbbs.com (SQUID 6 on the DARK side) (12/03/90)

Is anyone out there currently running an X-Windows compliant display??

I'm looking for something to do Graphics work on a remote system but must use X
to do it.

			Mark <o===6

daly@ecs.umass.edu (Bryon Daly, ECE dept, UMass, Amherst) (12/04/90)

In article <1990Dec3.070433.1@sysjj.mdcbbs.com>, hooverm@sysjj.mdcbbs.com (SQUID 6 on the DARK side) writes:
> Is anyone out there currently running an X-Windows compliant display??
>
> I'm looking for something to do Graphics work on a remote system but must use X
> to do it.
>
> 			Mark <o===6
In the BYTE Magazine IBM Special Issue, there is a flyer enclosed for
Desqview/X, which promises all the benefits of X Windows for the PC.  It says
it will even allow X-compliant UNIX programs to display on a PC (if there is
a UNIX system on the network).  They stated a shipping date of Jan or Feb, '91
I believe.  Maybe that will let you do what you wish to do.

Good luck,
Bryon Daly,
daly@ecs.umass.edu