[comp.os.msdos.apps] Need topographic plotting software

rds95@leah.albany.edu (Robert Seals) (01/08/91)

Hello,
My boss is interested in finding programs that

take a 2-dimensional array of points in a polar diagram
draws isopleths at selected intervals
fills inter-iso areas with greyscale
can produce PostScript output

If you know of anything you think might fit the bill, please
let me know.

Thanks,
rob
"Unix has its weak points, but its file system is not one of them." -Chris Torek
  rob rob@asrcmv.albany.edu or rds95@leah.albany.edu or rob@dinner.albany.edu
		I have no idea what the uucp path to me is.

ben@VMSA.TECHNION.AC.IL (01/08/91)

In article <1991Jan7.160729.19754@sarah.albany.edu>, rds95@leah.albany.edu (Robe
rt Seals) writes:
> take a 2-dimensional array of points in a polar diagram
> draws isopleths at selected intervals
> fills inter-iso areas with greyscale
> can produce PostScript output
>
> If you know of anything you think might fit the bill, please
> let me know.

PGPLOT is one of the cheapest and easiest, but I do not know of running on a
PC, though there is no reason why it should not.
Another source is Machine Algorithms in Boulder Colo. (303) 442-1072. They have
a product called GRIDS that does this. It used to run $400.00 a copy.
|      Ben Pashkoff                 BEN@VMSA.TECHNION.AC.IL            |
|                                   BEN@TECHMAX.BITNET                 |
|                                   BEN@TECHUNIX.BITNET                |
|      VAX/VMS Systems                                                 |
|      Computer Center              Phone:(972)-4-292177 office        |
|      Technion IIT                 FAX:  (972)-4-236212               |
|      Haifa, Israel 32000                                             |