[comp.os.msdos.apps] Express Publisher -- has anyone else tried it?

ritchie@hpdmd48.boi.hp.com (David Ritchie) (01/04/91)

  I was just wondering if anyone else has bought Power Up Software's
Express Publisher. I bought a copy for $115 at the local Software Etc.
(now, no booing --- they take software back if you don't like it during the
first 30 days).

   I have been playing around with it, and have been fairly impressed with its
flexibility. (It also doesn't take up gobs of disk space, since it uses
scalable font technology to generate 6 thru 144 point fonts. It even works
well with my DeskJet!).

-- Dave Ritchie
ritchie@hpdmd48.boi.hp.com

scotte@applix.com (Scott Evernden) (01/09/91)

In article <5620004@hpdmd48.boi.hp.com> ritchie@hpdmd48.boi.hp.com (David Ritchie) writes:

>  I was just wondering if anyone else has bought Power Up Software's
>Express Publisher. I bought a copy for $115 at the local Software Etc.
>(now, no booing --- they take software back if you don't like it during the
>first 30 days).
>
>   I have been playing around with it, and have been fairly impressed with its
>flexibility. (It also doesn't take up gobs of disk space, since it uses
>scalable font technology to generate 6 thru 144 point fonts. It even works
>well with my DeskJet!).

I bought this about 2 months ago.  It sure seems to have some nice features.
Text-effects and all.  Lots of fun to "play with".

Then I tried to use it to do some important work.  I didn't think I was
pushing the program in any way, but after about 1/2 hr, it just crashed and
burnt on me.  I was "Save"-ing my work as I proceeded, so I thought I
could just continue with the last saved version.  Problem was that the
saved file would kill the program, too.  So my efforts were destroyed
entirely.

I literally haven't touched the program since...

-scott