[comp.os.msdos.apps] Keyboard BBBbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbounce

dor@beach.cis.ufl.edu (A Knight in White Satin) (01/09/91)

I'm having a problem with ProComm Plus...it is setting the key repeat
rate for my keyboard (OmniKey Plus) right through the roof, almost every
time I run it.  Is this a known problem?  Am I running a bad driver that
I shouldn't be?  Its getting annoying when I try to scroll down with the
down arrow and I cannot even read what Im scrolling through...we're talking
warp speed here...

Thanks in advance,
Doug Oosting

--
D.R. Oosting, Univ. of Florida  | "Make way for DUCK KONG, all you
dor@beach.cis.ufl.edu           |  expendable extras!!"

burgoyne@eng.umd.edu (John R. Burgoyne) (01/10/91)

In article <26208@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> dor@beach.cis.ufl.edu (A Knight in White Satin) writes:
>I'm having a problem with ProComm Plus...it is setting the key repeat
>rate for my keyboard (OmniKey Plus) right through the roof, almost every
>time I run it.  Is this a known problem?  Am I running a bad driver that
>I shouldn't be?  Its getting annoying when I try to scroll down with the
>down arrow and I cannot even read what Im scrolling through...we're talking
>warp speed here...
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Doug Oosting

I own three different OmniKey keyboards. Noton's Control Center program
(in the Norton Utilities V 4.5) has a command to slow down the repeat rate
and it seems to work pretty well at slowing down this speedy keyboard.

Robert

system@infopls.chi.il.us (SYSOP) (01/13/91)

dor@beach.cis.ufl.edu (A Knight in White Satin) writes:

> I'm having a problem with ProComm Plus...it is setting the key repeat
> rate for my keyboard (OmniKey Plus) right through the roof, almost every
> time I run it.  Is this a known problem?  Am I running a bad driver that

  Go to PC+'s setup (ALT-S) and go to the General Options menu. Option N
will speed up an enhanced keyboard. Turn it OFF. (Simple, eh??)

Andrew Rossmann               | Sysop of Infoplus BBS, +1 708 537 0247
 andyross@infopls.chi.il.us   | Infoplus Support, latest version available
 ..!uunet!ddsw1!infopls!system| by logging in as infoplus.