[comp.os.msdos.apps] Medical Dictionary For PC's...

gardner@iccgcc.decnet.ab.com (01/20/91)

Does anyone know where I can obtain a medical dictionary for my PC?

Thanks,

Mike Gardner

ESR@SLACVM.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU (Ed Russell) (01/23/91)

>From: gardner@iccgcc.decnet.ab.com
>Subject: Medical Dictionary For PC's...
>Date: 19 Jan 91 16:14:45 GMT
>
>Does anyone know where I can obtain a medical dictionary for my PC?

I have a flyer from 1988 for Stedman's Medical Dictionary for PCs from
Reference Software, 330 Townsend Street, Suite 131, San Francisco, CA 94107.
(The same company also advertised Black's Law Dictionary".  Phone number on
the flyer is 800 872 9933.

My impression is that is mostly a spelling checker which will work with several
word processors; I don't know if it includes definitions.  I also don't know
if the company, address, and/or phone number are current.

hooverm@sysjj.mdcbbs.com (SQUID 6 on the DARK side) (01/23/91)

In article <91022.114417ESR@SLACVM.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU>, ESR@SLACVM.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU (Ed Russell) writes:
>>From: gardner@iccgcc.decnet.ab.com
>>Subject: Medical Dictionary For PC's...
>>Date: 19 Jan 91 16:14:45 GMT
>>
>>Does anyone know where I can obtain a medical dictionary for my PC?

I spoke to the original poster of this request, and he wished me to relay 2
sources that he has received so far.  both are basically spell checkers priced
at just under $70.00 US.

Editor's Choice	(800) 641-1116

Alki Software	(800) 669-9673

                		Mark  <o===6