[comp.os.msdos.apps] Spellings checking inside a WordPerfectmacro

wsineel@wsooti06.info.win.tue.nl (Eelco Vriezekolk) (01/25/91)

Hi,

I want to spell-check ASCII text files using WP. Therefore I
wrote a macro which does some transformations on the file
(hyphenation off, large line width, Ctrl-Z stripping etc) and
then calls the spellings checker.

After checking is complete, my macro automatically saves the
file and exits WP.

The Problem:
The spellchecker does noet take its input from the user, but
from the trailing part of the macro! This gives some
unpredictable behavior. After the end of the macro, the
speller takes input from the keyboard as usual, but the file
is (obviously) not saved after spelling.

What should I do to make this macro working? If someone
already made such a macro, could I have it?

--
--------===========---------
Eelco Vriezekolk, wsineel@win.tue.nl

s64421@zeus.usq.EDU.AU (house ron) (01/29/91)

wsineel@wsooti06.info.win.tue.nl (Eelco Vriezekolk) writes:

>I want to spell-check ASCII text files using WP. Therefore I
>wrote a macro which does some transformations on the file

>The Problem:
>The spellchecker does noet take its input from the user, but
>from the trailing part of the macro!

Very roughly, you must have a [PAUSE] in your macro where you
expect WP is waiting for input.  You may be able to discover
that from some of the state variables.  Look up your WP manual.

--
Regards,

Ron House.   (s64421@zeus.usq.edu.au)
(By post: Info Tech, U.C.S.Q. Toowoomba. Australia. 4350)