[net.ham-radio] QST

jhs@mitre-bedford.ARPA (12/10/85)

I too am a subscriber to QST.  I often wonder, however, why they have to
charge us an additional fee for QEX (which I don't get) when the content
of QST (aside from paid ads) is so skimpy.  I would prefer to see the
content of QEX thrown in free in QST, making it a MUCH more interesting
publication, more comparable to Ham Radio or 73.  As it is, there is
very little in each issue that (in my opinion) is worth keeping.

If I had a choice I would take QEX instead of QST.  Maybe they could
offer that as a membership option.

						-de W3IKG

michaelk@copper.UUCP (Michael Kersenbrock) (12/15/85)

In article <453@brl-tgr.ARPA> jhs@mitre-bedford.ARPA writes:
>I too am a subscriber to QST.  I often wonder, however, why they have to
>charge us an additional fee for QEX (which I don't get) when the content
>of QST (aside from paid ads) is so skimpy.  I would prefer to see the
>content of QEX thrown in free in QST, making it a MUCH more interesting
>publication, more comparable to Ham Radio or 73.  As it is, there is
>very little in each issue that (in my opinion) is worth keeping.
>
>If I had a choice I would take QEX instead of QST.  Maybe they could
>offer that as a membership option.
>
>						-de W3IKG

I've been a life member of ARRL for about 10 years or so (so, my QST is
now "free" sort of).  I subscribed to QEX a little after it got going,
thinking I'd get more of a Ham Radio technically oriented publication.
I was very dissappointed, and let my subscription drop upon expiration.
QEX was more like "amateur elementary electronics".  The death of Mr. Fisk
(W1HR) at HR was sadly the end of good, consistant  technical amateur radio
publication.  Alas.

						-de WB4IOJ (very ex- KH6FON)

P.S. - In a couple weeks it will be the 20th birthday of my WH6FON
       novice licence.  I knew you'd be thrilled to hear it. :-)

--

Mike Kersenbrock
Tektronix Software Development Products