[comp.os.msdos.apps] Procomm 2.4.2 /WRAP

daparish@biivax.dp.beckman.com (02/19/91)

In article <1991Feb16.004949.17443@mthvax.cs.miami.edu>, wb8foz@mthvax.cs.miami.edu (David Lesher) writes:
> The line wrap option in the terminal mode setup menu seems to turning
> itself ON at random intervals. Note that this may even be occurring in
> the middle of a session, but I'm not really sure yet. The only thing I
> can think of is incoming data is somehow causing the switch.
>
> Has anyone else seen this happening?

I have seen this happen when executing TPU (or any other editor) using VT-100
emulation under VAX/VMS. TPU interrogates the TERMINAL attributes
($SHO TERM) to determine the WRAP setting. on exit it restores the setting,
which causes procomm to change its internal setting.

I seem to remember the solution was to put "$Set term /nowrap" in your login.com
(or vice versa). the basic point is to have it match whichever PROCOMM value
you have selected. by the way "set term /inq" doesnt appear to pick up the WRAP
attribute from procomm.

this is all from memory and its been a couple of years since I saw this problem.