[comp.os.msdos.apps] File Compression software for sale?

cmercer@mars.lerc.nasa.gov (Carolyn R. Mercer) (02/12/91)

I'm looking for a file compression program to embed within the installation
section of a program that I am writing.  The final program will be sold
commercially, so a distribution license must be available for the file
compression software.  I'm looking at PKZIP, but I'd like to know about
alternatives.  If any of you have experience with specific, commercially
available compression routines, please let me know.  I'll summarize and
post the results if there is sufficient interest.

Thanks in advance,

Carolyn Mercer

maurit@nrtc.nrtc.northrop.com (Mark Aurit <maurit>) (02/13/91)

In article <1991Feb12.001939.17844@eagle.lerc.nasa.gov> cmercer@mars.lerc.nasa.gov writes:

>I'm looking for a file compression program to embed within the installation
>section of a program that I am writing.  The final program will be sold

The guys who make PKZIP have come out with some librarys you can link into
your app for compression/decompression. As to installs other than
pkzip, look at "Install 3.0" from Knowledge Dynamics Corp, 800-331-2783,
ext. 0195. Havent tried it, myself.

Mark
maurit@nrtc.northrop.com

jwhewitt@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (02/20/91)