[comp.os.msdos.apps] Apple ][ Emulators

avolk@juliet.caltech.edu (Volk, Andrew Robert) (03/05/91)

	Although I have had an IBM for some time now, there is still
some old software from my //c that I would like to run on it.
However, I have only been able to track down one Apple emulator,
which was released before it was finished in 1986. I have not
been able to find a completed version of this, or any other
Apple emulator available. Any information on finding an Apple
emulator would be greatly appreciated.

This Bit o' News Coming to you from.....
	Andrew Volk, live and direct from Caltech at
		Avolk@Iago.Caltech.Edu

fordke@infonode.ingr.com (Keith Ford x8614) (03/08/91)

In article <1991Mar5.064224.10756@nntp-server.caltech.edu> avolk@juliet.caltech.edu writes:

>However, I have only been able to track down one Apple emulator,
>which was released before it was finished in 1986. I have not

If you would like an Apple //e co-processor for an IBM pc machine,
I can send you some info.  I have a Trackstar board selling @ $200.
--
 __  fordke@ingr.com, ...!uunet!ingr!{fordke,infonode!umagic!sysop}
/  \ Micro Magic CBCS  1:373/12  (205)830-2362  sysop@umagic.fidonet.org

mhr@mendip.UUCP (MHR {who?}) (03/09/91)

In <1991Mar5.064224.10756@nntp-server.caltech.edu>, avolk@juliet.caltech.edu writes:

> [ wants an Apple II emulator ]

I don't know if this is any good, but try it:  At the SIMTEL archives
there is this jewel:

PD1<MSDOS.EMULATORS>APL2EM.ZIP	Apple ][ emulator for 286+, w/ASM source
code.

I have it but never tried it (no s/w to test it on) since I'm a DITW IBM
PC user.

Regards.  Oh, if you don't know how to access the SIMTEL archives, email
me or watch this space for a FAQ file or another posting which says
how....

--
Mark A. Hull-Richter    UUCP:     ccicpg!mhr    In all things, restraint,
ICL North America                                 especially with respect

mcastle@mcs213f.cs.umr.edu (Mike Castle {Nexus}) (03/09/91)

Program Name: APL2EM.ZIP
Directory: PD1:<MSDOS.EMULATORS>
File Size:    216652

These are all available at:
New Mexico:  simtel20.army.mil (26.2.0.74) in the directory listed above
                                           (PDx:<MSDOS.xxxxx> )
Missouri:    wuarchive.wustl.edu (128.252.135.4) in mirrors/msdos/xxxxx
Australia:   sol.deakin.oz.au (128.184.1.1) in pub/PC/simtel-20/xxxxx

There are several mail servers that will process the ftp commands for those who
have access to e-mail, but not FTP.  Addresses are:

In North America (Simtel20 access only):

          LISTSERV@VM1.NODAK.EDU   North Dakota State University.
          LISTSERV@VM.ECS.RPI.EDU  Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.

    In the body of the mail have the command:
    GET PDGET HELP PCSERV-L

Also (any ftp site):
          BITFTP@PUCC.PRINCETON.EDU

   In the body of the mail have the command:
   HELP

Trickle servers (Simtel20 access only):
In Denmark:     TRICKLE@DKTC11
In Turkey:      TRICKLE@TREARN
In Italy:       TRICKLE@IMIPOLI
In Belgium:     TRICKLE@BANUFS11
In Austria:     TRICKLE@AWIWUW11
In Germany:     TRICKLE@DTUZDV1
In Spain:       TRICKLE@EB0UB011
In Israel:      TRICKLE@TAUNIVM
In Netherlands: TRICKLE@HEARN
France:         TRICKLE@FRMOP11
Germany:        TRICKLE@DB0FUB11
Chile:          TRICKLE@USACHVM1
Not sure:       TRICKLE@DS0RUS1I

(note:  these are EARN/BITNET style addresses.  Internet users should
        try BITNET domain addresses such as TRICKLE@TREAN.BITNET)

    In the body of the mail have the command:
    /HELP

If anyone knows of any other mirrored archives of Simtel20, please let me
know and I'll add them to this generic response.

Thanks.
--
Mike Castle (Nexus) S087891@UMRVMA.UMR.EDU (preferred)       | XEDIT: Emacs
                mcastle@mcs213k.cs.umr.edu (unix mail-YEACH!)| on a REAL