[comp.os.msdos.apps] Damaged Paradox Tables

ramji@uwovax.uwo.ca (03/16/91)

I have a Paradox 3.0 table which has suddenly decided to become "damaged"
and access to it is denied.  Does anyone know of any tools which will
either let me diagnose or repair the table.  I vaguely remember something
about a tool in some magazine (quite a hint huh!) but I obviously do
not have it.  The Paradox manuals do not appear to lead you in any
direction at all.  Any help will be much appreciated!

-------------------------
Ketan Ramji
Hearing Health Care Research Unit
Department of Communicative Disorders
University of Western Ontario
LONDON, Ontario N6G 1H1, Canada

INTERNET : Ramji@UWOVAX.UWO.CA
BITNET   : Ramji@UWOVAX.BITNET
-------------------------

kji@vpnet.chi.il.us (Ken Isacson) (03/18/91)

In article <1991Mar15.144633.8810@uwovax.uwo.ca> ramji@uwovax.uwo.ca writes:
>I have a Paradox 3.0 table which has suddenly decided to become "damaged"
>and access to it is denied.  Does anyone know of any tools which will
>either let me diagnose or repair the table.  I vaguely remember something
>about a tool in some magazine (quite a hint huh!) but I obviously do
>not have it.  The Paradox manuals do not appear to lead you in any
>direction at all.  Any help will be much appreciated!
>
>-------------------------
>Ketan Ramji
>Hearing Health Care Research Unit
>Department of Communicative Disorders
>University of Western Ontario
>LONDON, Ontario N6G 1H1, Canada
>
>INTERNET : Ramji@UWOVAX.UWO.CA
>BITNET   : Ramji@UWOVAX.BITNET
>-------------------------

Well with Pardox 3.5, TUTILITY will do the trick and it comes with paradox.

Ken Isacson         Sysop - Board Of Trade BBS  GT 016/001
kji@vpnet.chi.il.us         (815) 753 - 0042

glenn@welch.jhu.edu (Glenn M. Mason) (03/18/91)

In article <1991Mar15.144633.8810@uwovax.uwo.ca> ramji@uwovax.uwo.ca writes:
>I have a Paradox 3.0 table which has suddenly decided to become "damaged"
>and access to it is denied.  Does anyone know of any tools which will
>either let me diagnose or repair the table.  I vaguely remember something
>about a tool in some magazine (quite a hint huh!) but I obviously do
>not have it.  The Paradox manuals do not appear to lead you in any
>direction at all.  Any help will be much appreciated!

The first thing that I would try is running the program "tutility.exe" that
is included with the 3.5 distribution. There is a readme or doc file that
explains its use. I don't believe that there is any documentation within
any of the manuals on it. It can daignos whether any problems exists and
will optionally attempt to rebuild the table if there is damage.

Hope this helps,
Glenn