[comp.os.msdos.apps] Subject: RBase 3.1

laughner@darwin.cc.nd.edu (Tom Laughner) (03/22/91)

In article <00945EFC.F46F9520@m44.unm.edu> kim@m44.unm.edu writes:
>Dear group:
>I am not sure if this violates network etiquette, but I just got a flyer from
>
>Microrim about their RBase 3.1 database program.  They have an offer, good
>until March 29, in which RBase is available for $195.00 to anyone who can sho
>that they already own a competitor's product (e.g. dBase, Paradox, FoxBase).
>
>They have a toll-free number 1-800-248-2001 to accept orders by credit card.
>
>Proof of ownership of a competitive product can be as simple as reading a pag
>out of the owners manual or faxing a page to them at 1-206-746-9350.  I haven
>'t
>tried this myself, so you may want to call the 800-number to get details.
>
>It's a great deal on their database, if you want to switch or upgrade to it,
>since the MSRP is $795 and the street price is around $400.
>
>By the way, this offer comes with a 90-day guarantee as well.
>
>Daniel Kim

R:Base has some nice features, but don't buy this program for someone who
will be doing a lot of data entry unless they type perfectly.  When
Microrim was developing 3.x, they left out the ability to easily switch
between "add a record" and "edit a record" when you have created a
customized data entry screen.  If you're adding data, you have to
back out of "add" mode and go into "edit" mode (about three keystrokes).
When you're done editing, you have to again back out and go into add
mode.