[comp.os.msdos.apps] Leisure Suit Larry

climan+@cs.cmu.edu (Dani Climan) (02/25/91)

A friend of mine has gotten herself hooked on Leisure Suit Larry, but
is stuck.  If any of you LSL mavens out there would care to offer any
hints, tips or techniques they would be greatly appreciated.  I know
Larry has been to the bar, the bathroom, and the hooker's room upstairs.
What other locations are there and how do you get to them?

Thanks in Advance,
			Dani Climan
			climan@byron.sp.cs.cmu.edu

eaeu137@orion.oac.uci.edu (Andrew Theodore Laurence) (02/25/91)

I've completed the game on a Macintosh.  Send me an email with the following:
1] exactly where Larry has been.
2] exactly what is in his pockets.

Good luck!!

--Andrew Laurence
  eaeu137@orion.oac.uci.edu

fmgst@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Filip Gieszczykiewicz) (02/25/91)

	Greetings. If you the technical type, go into the game,
	save the game, exit, and with NortonUtilities or Pctools
	view the saved game file. There will be lots of garbage but
	you should also see everything that could possibly be in
	your pocket - not just what you have. If you are really
	a cheater (like me ;-) you can edit a few bytes and end up
	with thousands of $ ;-)

	Take care.

	P.S. Yes, that's how an EE plays a game :-)
"The Force will be with you, always." It _is_ with me and has been for 11 years
Filip Gieszczykiewicz  "... a Jedi does it with a mind trick... " ;-)
FMGST@PITTVMS  or  fmgst@unix.cis.pitt.edu "My ideas. ALL MINE!!"

cksnsr@nmt.edu (Christopher Knight) (02/25/91)

Anyone who has an old, old, old copy of The Book of Adventure Games should be
able to help.  LSL was actually based off a game, for the Atari 8-bit and
others, called Soft-Porn Adventure(s?).  Use can use the solution they provide
with a few minor fixes that will be obvious in the game.  Enjoy the game.  If
you ever get to LSL3 give me a call, I have two solutions for it.

kate@dekalb.UUCP (Kate) (03/08/91)

In article <1991Feb24.212718.2902@cs.cmu.edu>, climan+@cs.cmu.edu (Dani Climan) writes:
> A friend of mine has gotten herself hooked on Leisure Suit Larry, but
> is stuck.  If any of you LSL mavens out there would care to offer any
> hints, tips or techniques they would be greatly appreciated.  I know
> Larry has been to the bar, the bathroom, and the hooker's room upstairs.
> What other locations are there and how do you get to them?
> Thanks in Advance,
> 			Dani Climan
> 			climan@byron.sp.cs.cmu.edu

For starters, if your system has access to to newsgroup
rec.games.misc, I highly recommend it.  I haven't seen much
posted on the original LSL recently, as everyone seems to
be into LSL2.  If your friend has specific questions, however,
you can post them with a good chance of getting a response.

Just a couple of hints: (if you need more, send me e-mail)

Has your friend gotten anything from the drunk?

Go outside the bar and read the sign on the telephone pole.

Good Luck!

.

*kate@dekalb.UUCP *     I love school       *    You want my homework *
*                 *  It's the work I hate   *         WHEN?!          *

lape@cs.utk.edu (Bryon S. Lape) (03/10/91)

In article <1227@dekalb.UUCP> kate@dekalb.UUCP (Kate) writes:
>In article <1991Feb24.212718.2902@cs.cmu.edu>, climan+@cs.cmu.edu (Dani Climan) writes:
>> A friend of mine has gotten herself hooked on Leisure Suit Larry, but
>> is stuck.  If any of you LSL mavens out there would care to offer any
>> hints, tips or techniques they would be greatly appreciated.  I know
>> Larry has been to the bar, the bathroom, and the hooker's room upstairs.
>> What other locations are there and how do you get to them?
>> Thanks in Advance,
>> 			Dani Climan
>> 			climan@byron.sp.cs.cmu.edu
>

>For starters, if your system has access to to newsgroup
>rec.games.misc, I highly recommend it.  I haven't seen much
>posted on the original LSL recently, as everyone seems to
>be into LSL2.  If your friend has specific questions, however,
>you can post them with a good chance of getting a response.
>
>Just a couple of hints: (if you need more, send me e-mail)
>
>Has your friend gotten anything from the drunk?
>
>Go outside the bar and read the sign on the telephone pole.
>
>Good Luck!
>
>.
>
>--
>*kate@dekalb.UUCP *     I love school       *    You want my homework *
>*                 *  It's the work I hate   *         WHEN?!          *

	Having got 221/222 on the game, I want to know where the other 1
point comes from.

jcurrie@ccu.umanitoba.ca (James Gordon Currie) (03/12/91)

              For the poster who got 221/222, call up the Sierra BBS, and ask,
for anyone who found the last point to tell you what it was. (by the way, did
you find the "love-doll" in the closet, and if yes, did you take it?

James G Currie

bold@astroatc.UUCP (Jeff Beck) (03/13/91)

In article <1991Mar12.023205.18757@ccu.umanitoba.ca> jcurrie@ccu.umanitoba.ca (James Gordon Currie) writes:

]              For the poster who got 221/222, call up the Sierra BBS, and ask,
]for anyone who found the last point to tell you what it was. (by the way, did
]you find the "love-doll" in the closet, and if yes, did you take it?

If you want that extra point, do just what he says, call up Sierra from the
payphone on the corner.  That will get you a point :-)

 * Jason Bold - Madison,WI= [(rutgers||ames)!uwvax||att!nicmad]!astroatc!bold *
 * "A strawberry mind, a body that's built for two" - Michael Hedges          *

Kevin.A.Kanda@dartmouth.edu (Kevin A. Kanda) (03/18/91)

while we're on the subject of LSL, how do you get a table at
the cabaret?  and what IS the sierra bbs number?

| /
|/
|\
| \ /\

ghornet@eleazar.dartmouth.edu
"that's your teacher?  Superguy?"  [badly dubbed]
"yes.  if he's here it must be very important."  [even worse]
--*The Invincible Superguy*, about the worst film i've ever seen...
(typical kung-fu flick.  rent *super ninjas*, the second worst, if you
get a chance...)

toms@utoday.com (Tom Smith) (03/20/91)

In article <1991Mar18.140307.2307@dartvax.dartmouth.edu> Kevin.A.Kanda@dartmouth.edu (Kevin A. Kanda) writes:
>while we're on the subject of LSL, how do you get a table at
>the cabaret?  and what IS the sierra bbs number?

You really have no reason to get a table at the cabaret.
All the seats are reserved but one.  Finding the unreserved
seat, and sitting down earns you a point or two, but other than
that the cabaret is a complete waste.  I think it was put in their
so that they can make you sit and listen to dumb jokes.  Try heckling
the comedian.

According to my LSL3 manual, yes LSL3 you need to earn 4000 points!!!
The Sierra Bulletin Board can be reached at (209) 683-4463.
They also have a 900 number, if you want to waste a lot of money.
1-900-370-KLUE (75 cents 1st minute, 50 cents minute thereafter)

Good Luck,

Tom Smith
toms@utoday.com

amichiel@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Allen J Michielsen) (03/21/91)

In article <1991Mar20.002653.1987@utoday.com> toms@utoday.com (Tom Smith)
>@dartvax.dartmouth.edu> Kevin.A.Kanda@dartmouth.edu (Kevin A. Kanda)
>>on the subject of LSL, how do you get a table at the cabaret?

>You really have no reason to get a table at the cabaret.
>All the seats are reserved but one.  Finding the unreserved
>seat, and sitting down earns you a point or two, but other than
>that the cabaret is a complete waste.

If the object is to get points, a point or two isn't a waste.
Listening to the entire show, is like 20 or 30 points.  Not
a trivial move...
al

--
Al. Michielsen, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, Syracuse University
 InterNet: amichiel@rodan.acs.syr.edu  amichiel@sunrise.acs.syr.edu

jcurrie@ccu.umanitoba.ca (James Gordon Currie) (03/21/91)

              There is a table that has a chair empty. Go to the table, and then

type in "Sit down". I'll e-mail the BBS number that I have to you later... It's
at home, and I'm not... :)

James G. Currie

cjp310@coombs.anu.edu.au (Chris @ SSDA ...) (03/21/91)

amichiel@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Allen J Michielsen) writes:

>In article <1991Mar20.002653.1987@utoday.com> toms@utoday.com (Tom Smith)
>>@dartvax.dartmouth.edu> Kevin.A.Kanda@dartmouth.edu (Kevin A. Kanda)
>>>on the subject of LSL, how do you get a table at the cabaret?

>If the object is to get points, a point or two isn't a waste.
>Listening to the entire show, is like 20 or 30 points.  Not
>a trivial move...
>al

Are you sure!! I seem to recall that even tho I did'nt sit down or listen to
the Cabaret, when i finished i was only one or two points down...

Chris

                  Chris Patterson | Ph:  +61 6 2492185
     Social Science Data Archives | AARNet: Chris@coombs.anu.edu.oz
   Australian National University | "I wonder what happens if I ..."

TOAD@LIVERPOOL.AC.UK (03/23/91)

In article <1991Mar18.140307.2307@dartvax.dartmouth.edu>,
Kevin.A.Kanda@dartmouth.edu (Kevin A. Kanda) says:

>while we're on the subject of LSL, how do you get a table at
>the cabaret?  and what IS the sierra bbs number?

The table at the back left is free, even if it has a reserved card. Bugger all
happens, mind, unless your lucky enough to get the comedian.

I've only just discouverd this thread so excuse my ignorance of what has gone
before, but has anyone any ideas what you do with Lefty's hammer or how you
get the bottle of pils.

    TOAD................
                                             @LIVCMS................
"AROUND THE WORLD THOUGHTS SHALL FLY,
       IN THE TWINKLING OF AN EYE."
                                 MOTHER SHIPTON.

dss1@wsinis03.info.win.tue.nl (Urmas Rahu (student Wim Nuijten)) (03/25/91)

You need the hammer to get the pills. Tie one end of the rope to your
waist, the other to the balcony (you must be on the balcony), and
*get pills*. The hammer is used for cracking the window.

jpc@fct.unl.pt (Jose Pina Coelho) (03/25/91)

In article <91081.193939TOAD@LIVERPOOL.AC.UK> TOAD@LIVERPOOL.AC.UK writes:
   In article <1991Mar18.140307.2307@dartvax.dartmouth.edu>,
   Kevin.A.Kanda@dartmouth.edu (Kevin A. Kanda) says:

   >while we're on the subject of LSL, how do you get a table at
   >the cabaret?  and what IS the sierra bbs number?

   The table at the back left is free, even if it has a reserved card. Bugger all
   happens, mind, unless your lucky enough to get the comedian.

   I've only just discouverd this thread so excuse my ignorance of what has gone
   before, but has anyone any ideas what you do with Lefty's hammer or how you
   get the bottle of pils.

When you stand on Lefty's emergency exit there is a window to the
right and bottle behind it.  Once you get the bottle <SAVE>, then take
a pill.

BTW: *Still* on lsl I ? (It's the best one though)

--
Jose Pedro T. Pina Coelho   | BITNET/Internet: jpc@fct.unl.pt
Rua Jau N 1, 2 Dto          | UUCP: ...!mcsun!unl!jpc

- If all men were brothers, would you let one marry your sister ?

lim@freezer.it.udel.edu (Julie Lim) (03/26/91)

In article <cjp310.669538257@coombs> cjp310@coombs.anu.edu.au (Chris @ SSDA ...) writes:
>amichiel@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Allen J Michielsen) writes:
>
>>In article <1991Mar20.002653.1987@utoday.com> toms@utoday.com (Tom Smith)
>>>@dartvax.dartmouth.edu> Kevin.A.Kanda@dartmouth.edu (Kevin A. Kanda)
>
>>If the object is to get points, a point or two isn't a waste.
>>Listening to the entire show, is like 20 or 30 points.  Not
>>a trivial move...
>>al
>

>Are you sure!! I seem to recall that even tho I did'nt sit down or listen to
>the Cabaret, when i finished i was only one or two points down...

	Good Lord, but that's scads o' nesting--
	Well. Lissenup. The cabaret scene in LSL*1* is essentially useless,
unless you count the whoopee cushion. Ho ho. How droll. But the comedy club in
LSL*3* is a whole diff matter. You get 'prox 20-30 for sitting thru the whole
thing, plus if you talk to the right folx (the implementers, who're sitting
in there somewhere), you get a few more points.
	And *then* there's the strip joint in LSL3-- toss them panties high,
gals!

--
MUDname: Sidera           "...If I seem to give a damn, please tell me. I would
University of Delaware      hate to be giving the wrong impression."

skul_ltd@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Mariah Carey Fanatic) (03/26/91)

In article <1840@svin02.info.win.tue.nl> dss1@info.win.tue.nl writes:

>You need the hammer to get the pills. Tie one end of the rope to your
>waist, the other to the balcony (you must be on the balcony), and
>*get pills*. The hammer is used for cracking the window.

A much gentler way is to go up into the prostitute's room and "open window"
and the use the rope on the balcony to get something.  You get the password
from....(I'm not telling unless you already know, in which case there is no
need to tell.)  Don't forget to keep the 'pimp' happy (No don't screw him :-).

I hate violence!

Mariah Carey IS a Vision of Love.

--
"And maybe then the future will be a time without war, destitution, and sorrow"
          -'There's Got To Be A Way' - Mariah Carey

dale@garfield.cs.mun.ca (Dale Fraser) (04/01/91)

TOAD@LIVERPOOL.AC.UK writes:

[Bunch of stuff deleted......]

>I've only just discouverd this thread so excuse my ignorance of what has gone
>before, but has anyone any ideas what you do with Lefty's hammer or how you
>get the bottle of pils.

You must get the rope in which you were tied up in.  Then go to the fire
exit by the side of the lounge.  Tie the rope to your waist and to the
railing and swing over the get the pills (I'm not 100% sure if the is
totally correct since it's been a few years since I have played it but
the ideas are right!).  You might have to break the window (I think!).
If you don not have the rope yet, you will have to figure that out for
yourself.
DF

--
|-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-|
|   "Why sex is so popular    |  Dale Fraser  Voice -> (709) 576-9915 |

nbladt@aut.autelca.ascom.ch (Norbert Bladt) (04/04/91)

dale@garfield.cs.mun.ca (Dale Fraser) writes:

>TOAD@LIVERPOOL.AC.UK writes:

>[Bunch of stuff deleted......]

>>I've only just discouverd this thread so excuse my ignorance of what has gone
>>before, but has anyone any ideas what you do with Lefty's hammer or how you
>>get the bottle of pils.

[ text about LSL deleted ].
>the ideas are right!).  You might have to break the window (I think!).
You definitely need a hammer !

[ I won't tell you where it is here. First it's perhaps not the right
  newsgroup. There are some like ..games.misc, etc. and second this
  would be another non-announced big spoiler ]

Norbert Bladt.
--
Norbert Bladt, Ascom Autelca AG, Worbstr. 201, CH-3073 Guemligen, Switzerland
Phone: +41 31 52 95 52			FAX: +41 31 52 95 44