[comp.os.msdos.apps] 8087 Emulator

yee@aix01.aix.rpi.edu (Crimson Avenger) (04/12/91)

Here is something WARPED.. Anybody knows of a 8087 emulator FOR the 8088
chip?  Friend of mines want to run AutoCad under an 8088 and needs a math
coprocessor.. <heh>  Imagine the speed.. Need 8087 emulator for 8088 chip..
HELP?

--
-- Robert aka Crimson Avenger      (yee@rpi.edu or crimson_avenger@mts.rpi.edu)
   Once a hacker, always a hacker. (usere3jp@rpitsmts.bitnet)

) (04/12/91)

In article <1lfghlm@rpi.edu> yee@aix01.aix.rpi.edu (Crimson Avenger) writes:
>Here is something WARPED.. Anybody knows of a 8087 emulator FOR the 8088
>chip?  Friend of mines want to run AutoCad under an 8088 and needs a math
>coprocessor.. <heh>  Imagine the speed.. Need 8087 emulator for 8088 chip..
>HELP?

You must be crazy, or your friends must be, as software emulation of
8087 running UNDER 8088 would be ridiculously SLOW...

Better yet, why not BUY an 8087?  I think a 10Mhz version sells at
about $150.

I never run graphics intensive programs on my XT (10Mhz), as I
relegate that task to my Mac IIci, and I even find that, at times
(when running Pagemaker), a little slow.

Good luck anyways,

--

Robert W. Kim                            rkim@ucsd.edu
University of California, San Diego.     kimbob@ucsd.edu

yee@aix01.aix.rpi.edu (Crimson Avenger) (04/13/91)

In article <18235@sdcc6.ucsd.edu> rkim@sdcc13.ucsd.edu (Let's kill one eye!) writes:
>In article <1lfghlm@rpi.edu> yee@aix01.aix.rpi.edu (Crimson Avenger) writes:
>>Here is something WARPED.. Anybody knows of a 8087 emulator FOR the 8088
>>chip?  Friend of mines want to run AutoCad under an 8088 and needs a math
>>coprocessor.. <heh>  Imagine the speed.. Need 8087 emulator for 8088 chip..
>>HELP?
>>
>You must be crazy, or your friends must be, as software emulation of
>8087 running UNDER 8088 would be ridiculously SLOW...
>
>Better yet, why not BUY an 8087?  I think a 10Mhz version sells at
>about $150.
>Robert W. Kim                            rkim@ucsd.edu

My co-worker friend is incrediblity(sp?) computer illilerate(sp?) that
she couldn't even get a MOUSE correctly.  I eventually ended up taking the
tasking of getting a bus mouse for her.  Well, she keeps saying that she
will buy a 8087 co-processor chip, been saying it for months know, she never
will do it.  I brought the bus mouse card for her, and paid it out of my
own pockets.

Her son wants to run AutoCad and it needs a math co-processor.  She will l
never buy a chip, unless I brought it for her.

If your friend still got the program, I would be interested in seeing it.
Can you uuencode it for me?  Can anyone?  or just give me a FTP site and
the file name.  Thanks...