[comp.os.msdos.apps] Movie/Screenplay Writing Program Wanted

kotlas@uncecs.edu (Carolyn M. Kotlas) (04/16/91)

Can anyone recommend a movie/screenplay script writing program? One of
our drama department professors is looking for such a program.  He was
interested in getting a commercial program named MOVIE MASTER, but says
the company has apparently gone out of business.

Any suggestions/help will be *greatly* appreciated.
Thanks!
--
Carolyn Kotlas      (kotlas@uncecs.edu  or  kotlas@ecsvax.bitnet)
UNC Ed. Comp. Serv., POB 12035, Res. Triangle Pk., NC 27709  919/549-0671

PZ2@psuvm.psu.edu (David L. Phillips) (04/17/91)

In article <1991Apr16.140754.10396@uncecs.edu>, kotlas@uncecs.edu (Carolyn M.
Kotlas) says:

>Can anyone recommend a movie/screenplay script writing program? One of
>our drama department professors is looking for such a program.  He was
>interested in getting a commercial program named MOVIE MASTER, but says
>the company has apparently gone out of business.

It would be very easy to set up WordPerfect to do this, using columns and/or
styles.  Let me know if he's willing to pay a modicum for the set-up.

davem@nro.cs.athabascau.ca (Dave McCrady) (04/18/91)

kotlas@uncecs.edu (Carolyn M. Kotlas) writes:

> Can anyone recommend a movie/screenplay script writing program? One of
> our drama department professors is looking for such a program.  He was
> interested in getting a commercial program named MOVIE MASTER, but says
> the company has apparently gone out of business.

 I assume you're talking about a script formatter.  There's a package in
the PCSIG library called AVScriptor.  It's a RUNOFF-like utility.  You
write a file using the editor of your choice, then run it through AVS to
produce A-V script (viz instructions on left, narration on the right.

It's pcsig disk #1028.  A couple of folks in the TV newsroom where I work
use it.

   Dave McCrady                 |  ersys!davem@nro.cs.athabascau.ca
+1 403-454-4054 (voice)         |  Disclaimer? Who needs a disclaimer?
+1 403-454-6093 (public USENET) |  I >own< the joint.